Re: Proper Matienece

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:13 pm

I would have to talk to the principal. But probably not :/

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Therein lies the problem ;). I thought of LHS, as a large classroom would be best, but I know the likelihood is slim. Smitty teaches at WKHS, maybe he could work something out there?
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm

That would work just as well. Ill ask Monday about having a class about airsoft tech here, and see if replicas can be brought just for that purpose. No shooting bbs right?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm

No shooting, dry cycling though. It would be done after hours on a Sunday afternoon anyway. I will need tables (not the single ones, long tables), chairs, movable lights, and it would probably be a good idea to have the SRO supervise us so as not to cause any alarm.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Dominum wrote:No shooting, dry cycling though. It would be done after hours on a Sunday afternoon anyway. I will need tables (not the single ones, long tables), chairs, movable lights, and it would probably be a good idea to have the SRO supervise us so as not to cause any alarm.
If we did the Cafeteria you would have those long tables that have built in chairs. Lights may be an issue. Good Idea, and perhaps Officer Byrd would like to sit in

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:51 pm

See what you can find out and let me know.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 pm

wilco

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Skyline on the way. I will PM you when I get it down here. Any preferences? Cheese. etc.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 am

Three way, the usual heaps of cheddar and chili. You are now my best friend. Last time we were up there I bought a bunch of it and ate it all day on the 9 hour drive home.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 am

Dominum wrote:I wouldn't mind doing a full Sunday afternoon/evening class sometime, everyone could bring their gun (preferably as many different kinds as possible) and some basic tools. I could set up some tables and chairs in my living room and kitchen, and we could go gun by gun, how to disassemble it down to the GB, then we can go over each version and their variants, then we can go over hopup chambers and barrels. Since everyone would have the basic tools and a different kind of gun, everyone would gain practical hands on knowledge of their gun, and see others as well. Watching and doing it yourself, in my opinion, is the best way to learn this sort of thing. My wife would probably be OK with us taking over the house all day if I charge a paltry sum like $5 a head or something. See, when I make something, even if it is minimal, it then turns it from a "useless expensive hobby" into a worthwhile pursuit, and then she is OK with it (a trick that applies to both wives and mothers LOL).

*Disclaimer: the fact that I may offer a class does NOT mean that I am teh bestezt tech evar, or that I think I know everything about AEGs (far from it), or think I am totally awesome or anything at all like that. But, I have worked on a lot of guns of a lot of different kinds and think it makes this sport more fulfilling when people know more about their weapons and can have the satisfaction of having made them what they are with their own hands.
An option (if the in-person classes don't work out) would be to make video classes. Gearbox.com and lots of stores do this, but don't answer specific questions, often skip small steps (that are natural to a tech but overlooked by the uninitiated), and lets face it...they're pretty boring. You could even do FAQ's this way, knocking out a particular common issue as specific as one could imagine. As far as hosting/posting up...etc, wouldn't it be cool to have an AOSC brand of tech videos?

All of that failing, I am still available to answer questions. And for the sake of sarcasm and being different, I am the best tech ever, I know everything there is to know about all AEG's, and I am a paragon of masculinity and awesomeness. I have either experienced or fixed every problem ever, on every type of gearbox, and am known across the ultraverse as the end-all be-all of electric powered polystyrene projection devices.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:59 pm

LOL, I love you Gabe.

Video classes are not a bad idea, except that cameras are not kind to me. Radio I do fine, but that won't work here. When I get some time I think I will give this a shot and see how crappily I do at it before I make it a series.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]