Upgradeing a G&G M14 DMR build

I broke my gun!
sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Upgradeing a G&G M14 DMR build

Post by sgtryan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 pm

I was thinking of buying a G&G M14 and making it a DMR. Ive already upgraded an AGM M14 which is a TM clone. The G&G M14's gearbox is suppose to be wayy different and i was wondering if someone could help me with identifying what parts are in there. I also was wondering if this was a good setup for a DMR. Ive read online what version parts it has but it may not be right. My main issue is that i cannot find a compatible cylinder head.

650mm prometheus barrel -should it be smaller in lenght?
a M130 or M140 spring
Matrix Magnum Motor
30mm x 150mm silerncer (barrel extension) -only if i get the 650mm barrel
Guarder V2 cylinder
Gurader V2 piston & Piston Head
Guarder V2 gears
Guarder V3 spring guide
Guarder V6 tappet plate
Guarder AUG air nozzle
AB Mosfet
10.8v battery
flat hop hopup mod

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Upgradeing a G&G M14 DMR build

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Why do you want to use all Guarder and why do you want to replace things that there is no point in replacing? For example, there is no reason to replace the stock cylinder, tappet plate, or spring guide (at least, I think they come with metal ones already, verify that though), or the air nozzle (assuming the stock one has an oring, which I think it does). Also, an M130 does not make a DMR, there is no reason to install a longer than stock barrel, and it uses a V6L cylinder head. Get a helical high torque gear set, preferably something like SHS, Hornbill, or similar. I would get a quiet motor with standard or high torque, assuming you want it to be quiet. If you do, get a TM EG1000. Promy 6.03 SS is a good choice for the barrel, again, stock length. I would say to go with an M150. Get a high output 11.1v or 14.8v Lipo, a MOSFET, and rewire the whole thing. If there are ball bearings on the spring guide already, remove the equivalent from the piston head. Just make sure you get a sturdy piston, piston head, and cylinder and quality ball bearing bushings. Obviously the whole thing will need to be properly cleaned, shimmed, lubed, and the AoE and compression will have to be corrected.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:05 pm

I heard that the V6 cylinder head wont work, but im not sure. And i was just going to get those extra parts so that everything would be the same and maybe increase performance. But you are the expert not me lol And i just thought that a M150 would be to high to use full automatic, but I was already leaning tward an M140. And i thought that if i got a longer barrel that accuracy would increase. Im sorry for all the noobish questions, Im still new to the DMR world.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Better to ask now then to waist money later ;). Yep, like I said, it is not a V6 cylinder head, it is a V6L (Long). Those parts are the same performance wise, no need to waist money replacing them. An M150 is way to high to use on full auto, as is an M140. You said you want to build a DMR, which means no full auto. Longer barrels do not increase accuracy unless the barrel you are replacing is very short.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Oh ok, and where could I buy one of those cylinder heads? And thats why i put M130 on there lol, i want it to be in the footsteps of a DMR with accuracy and some range, but just a little low in the fps area so i have the ability to use full auto. In my AGM M14 i have a prometheus M135 and use full auto and with the 10.8v battery and it actually has decent rof. And do you recomend any parts to achive awesome accuracy and range? Without comepletly breaking the bank lol And ive done some readin online and now since i know that it makes no sense to increase barrel length, im not sure if im even going to buy this gun. Would a upgraded G&G M14 be better than a AGM M14?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Then you are not building a DMR, you are building an assault rifle and as such should upgrade it accordingly. More range is largely the result of higher FPS, but you have capped that. Quality hopup, BBs and barrel are all that's left for accuracy and range. I would Google G&G M14 Cylinder Head. If you have an M135 and are still in the full auto range, then something is not right with either your compression or your chronograph. Really there is not much for you to replace to run and M130 well for a while.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Im sorry, i thought the definition of a DMR was a lond range, accurate, automatic gun, but i was wrong. And i believe the last time it was chronoed, it was hitting like 390 fps with a .25g bb And i might have a compression issue, ill have to check that soon

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:08 pm

AirsoftGI.com is the only place I know of that has replacement metal cylinder heads for the M14, it also comes with a piston and a cylinder head, both of which are decent.

Honestly, the gun can handle an M130 spring in it's stock condition. The only thing you MIGHT need to change out is the motor. G&G has a reputation of bad motors.

But I agree with Dom, you are building an assault rifle, not a DMR. A DMR is semi only, what you want is not.

An M135 is rated on the M scale, or Meters per second. 135 M/s with .2g bbs is 396 fps with .25g bbs. So you are spot on. Don't worry about it. Springs are different anyway, and it's almost impossible to find a spring that shoots exactly as advertised.

And DMRs fall in the gap between sniper rifles and assault rifles. They have the trigger response of semi auto, and in theory, aren't quite as accurate as sniper rifles.

Lastly, never get torque gears, they only slow your system down. The torque motors we have are more than powerful enough to handle the springs we use on standard ratio gears.

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks, well im probably just going to keeo my AGM M14 beacuse the G&G just sounds like alot of tuning of differnent parts, plus i dont want to spend $50 just to get a cylinder head. lol And thats why i bought the M135 so that i could have the highest fps with full auto ability. ill probably just find ways to make my AGM M14 better. Now when I first began upgrading this gun i didnt know that it had a V2 cylinder, so i tried to install a V7 cylinder and my gearbox has a little bend in it on the top, i dont think it affected the performance at all, but i was thinking since ive got the cash to do some upgrading, that i would get a new one, i saw the G&P 7mm gearbox and was wondering if it was compatible and if the interals would be all V7 or if it would be a mixture like the AGM.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=27520

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Star_folder wrote:An M135 is rated on the M scale, or Meters per second. 135 M/s with .2g bbs is 396 fps with .25g bbs. So you are spot on.
My bad, this is correct; I was still thinking in terms of .20gs.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:38 am

sgtryan wrote:Thanks, well im probably just going to keeo my AGM M14 beacuse the G&G just sounds like alot of tuning of differnent parts, plus i dont want to spend $50 just to get a cylinder head. lol And thats why i bought the M135 so that i could have the highest fps with full auto ability. ill probably just find ways to make my AGM M14 better. Now when I first began upgrading this gun i didnt know that it had a V2 cylinder, so i tried to install a V7 cylinder and my gearbox has a little bend in it on the top, i dont think it affected the performance at all, but i was thinking since ive got the cash to do some upgrading, that i would get a new one, i saw the G&P 7mm gearbox and was wondering if it was compatible and if the interals would be all V7 or if it would be a mixture like the AGM.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=27520
Yeah... It sounded like you were going to do the exact same thing to the G&G M14 as what you have already done to your AGM M14.

I said the G&G could handle that spring stock, that includes the cylinder head. It's not simple plastic like most guns, G&G's cylinder heads are made of a nice nylon polymer, and are much more durable than the normal plastic.

What do you mean the gearbox has a bend at the top?

Stomper87
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Stomper87 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 pm

If you want to turn a G&G m14 into a DMR, then get the G&G M14 VETERAN. I just bought one, opened up the gearbox, and its much nicer than the standard G&G M14. For instance, the spring guide and cylinder head are already upgraded, and don't need replacing. Plus, it comes stock with an m130.

Here's a link: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=28217

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I thought the standard one comes with a metal ball bearing spring guide anyway, and the difference between a polycarb cylinder head and a metal one isn't really much of a difference. Additionally, it has already been established that sgtryan does not want a DMR, he wants an assault rifle with a 50ft MED. All he needs to do that is to toss in a heavier spring, quality wiring, and a MOSFET plus the usual compression mods, shiming, lubing, AoE. He can do a few other things if he wants slightly better groupings (though G&G M14s are pretty accurate stock) or a higher ROF, but he really needn't do more.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]