Feeding issues w/ a g36 variant.

I broke my gun!
Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Feeding issues w/ a g36 variant.

Post by Frost » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:36 pm

I have a g36 variant that uses a g36 magwell and hop up. It has what appears to be a prowin metal hop up unit for a g36. It fires fine on semi auto but will not feed continuously on full auto. I believe it may be an alignment issue, but I have limited experience w/ g36 variants. I tried two different mags and the problem continues. The previous owner said he realigned the feeding tube b/c he believed the metal lip of the hop up chamber was interfering. Suggestions? ideas? All welcomed. Also I was using 11.1v 20-30c lipo with it.

this is not my picture but very similar to my set up.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Stomper87
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Feeding issues w/ a g36 variant.

Post by Stomper87 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Cut up some strips of cardboard and stick it between the GB shell and hop up. It'll act as a shim, and solve your feeding issues
P* Ares Tar21
P* PTS Masada
Magpul KWA lm4
KA Galil SAR
G&G UMP
G&P ak47
CA mp5a4

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:43 pm

try with a 9.6 nimh. it may be the fact that is it cycling too fast for the mags to catch up to.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Stomper87 wrote:Cut up some strips of cardboard and stick it between the GB shell and hop up. It'll act as a shim, and solve your feeding issues
A
Thanx! I'll def. will try that. Did that solve the issue w/ the mtc 3? just wondering how it was doing.

And Token, I watch a vid from the previous owner using a 11.1v and feeding flawlessly which leads me to believe it may need to be shimmed, b/c that was after he completely disassembled and put it all back together, however I will also try this just in case.

THANK YOU ALL! Will report how it goes.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Okay after searching through a bunch of different forums I have found that if your gun uses a JG air nozzle that the prowin hop up chamber sits too far back, so stomper's suggestion of shimming it would actually work! I talked to the guy I bought it from and even though it is a CA it has a jg gear box and air nozzle, fortunately I ordered a new g36 air nozzle w/ o ring so I will try that when it gets here and it should work!
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|

Stomper87
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Stomper87 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Frost wrote:
Stomper87 wrote:Cut up some strips of cardboard and stick it between the GB shell and hop up. It'll act as a shim, and solve your feeding issues
A
Thanx! I'll def. will try that. Did that solve the issue w/ the mtc 3? just wondering how it was doing.

And Token, I watch a vid from the previous owner using a 11.1v and feeding flawlessly which leads me to believe it may need to be shimmed, b/c that was after he completely disassembled and put it all back together, however I will also try this just in case.

THANK YOU ALL! Will report how it goes.
No problem, and yes, that's exactly what I had to do with the MTC3. I don't own it anymore though, I took out the Lonex motor and traded it for a tan Magpul PTS Masada 8)
P* Ares Tar21
P* PTS Masada
Magpul KWA lm4
KA Galil SAR
G&G UMP
G&P ak47
CA mp5a4

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:35 pm

shimming can do the job to. I dont use the prowin hopup chamber, i ended up swapping to a one piece hopup and going from there.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."