Put a BTC Chimera in any gearbox!

I broke my gun!
Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Put a BTC Chimera in any gearbox!

Post by Skywalker » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:06 pm

So I just finished custom fitting a Chimera mosfet into my V4 gearbox (PSG-1). The mechanical pre-cocking mechanism seems to fail over time, mostly because you have no exact control over the electrical system... I've played the troubleshooting game so much, but I never won. So I decided to custom fit a Chimera mosfet (main feature being electrically controlled pre-cocking) into my gun. Typically, they only fit in V2 and V3 gearboxes. But, if you buy the right switch and epoxy it into the gearbox, you can make any gun work with a Chimera!

I'm going to go ahead and reference the ASM thread that I got a lot of help and info from: http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/inde ... ic=10166.0 ... It contains the correct switch to order, the pin out of the Chimera brick, and some other tips and tricks.

For the PSG, I only had to add 1 switch technically, the one in the gearbox to sense cycle position. I then simply used my existing trigger. I am adding another switch to simply toggle between the two firing modes (one will be pre-cocking, one will not).

[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]