CA CQB Seal M4 not shooting bbs

I broke my gun!
Straightshot
I do in fact have a life.

CA CQB Seal M4 not shooting bbs

Post by Straightshot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi All,
Been a while, so I was dusting my guns of to make sure they worked. I tried to shoot my M4, but no bbs would discharge. I could feel air coming out of the barrel, and took off the front-end to feel air coming out of the nozzle. BBs were loading (tried different mags) and barrel was clear. After about an hour I looked down the hop-up cylinder loading from the mag well and noticed the air nozzle is covering the hole (so no bbs actually make it into the barrel. I can push on the air nozzle and it moves a little less than half an inch. The hop-up is mating up to the rest of the gun (where the air nozzle is inserted).

Any clue why the air nozzle is intruding so far into the hop-up?

I can't see anything that should be holding the air nozzle back.

Nozzle depressed

Nozzle covering entry of bbs into barrel

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CA CQB Seal M4 not shooting bbs

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 pm

The air nozzle always covers the entrance, when the tappet plate pulls it back it allows a BB to come up, then it pushes it forward into the hopup unit. The fact that it is blocking the chamber in it;s resting state is a good thing. The question then is, does it come back all the way when you cycle the GB?
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 am

Yep, I just watched a video on that. And, no it is no moving, allowing a bb to be loaded. There is resistance, when I push on the air nozzle it goes back to place. Would that mean the tappet plate could have come off the sector gear?

Just weird, it was working fine when I put it away a while ago.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should take the gear box apart (which I've never done before). The gear box has not been opened since I bought the gun back in 2006.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:50 am

The air nozzle can always be moved manually, so I'd put my money on a broken/screwed up tappet plate.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 pm

def a broken tappet plate not uncommon with that era of CA's
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 pm

that was my thought.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Straightshot wrote:Yep, I just watched a video on that. And, no it is no moving, allowing a bb to be loaded. There is resistance, when I push on the air nozzle it goes back to place. Would that mean the tappet plate could have come off the sector gear?

It can not come off, but it can break.

Just weird, it was working fine when I put it away a while ago.

When tappet plates go, they go.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should take the gear box apart (which I've never done before). The gear box has not been opened since I bought the gun back in 2006.
Though it is most likely that the tappet plate is broken, there is a small possiblity that the airnozzle simply slipped out of the tappet plate collar. If so, it must simply be put back in. Go ahead and assume that the tappet plate is broken though[/b].
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]