M4 help.

I broke my gun!
tehalonesoul
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

M4 help.

Post by tehalonesoul » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:15 pm

I have a GFM4 Carbine and I want to disassemble it to sew what I can change to make it better, internally. and then I'll see if I can move to the outer parts. Anyways I'm a first-timer at this and want to know how to tell what kind of spring you have the gearbox you have etc. And if anyone has done one of these before it would help. I'm just a beginner wanting to know where to start. I have watched some rather informative YouTube videos but nothing telling me what I'd like to know.

Thanks,

T.A.S

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Re: M4 help.

Post by TokenTech89 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 pm

well, if you know your fps, that can tell you what spring your geabox should have inside it.

We all got various springs in ours. some have a spring in for cqb, others for an outdoor field. few for a marksmen and accuracy spring, and even fewer for a high speed build.

It solely depends on how you want your gun to perform for you and in what enviornment

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:06 am

I personally have a vfc gearbox w/ a m135. Shimmed, aoe corrected with sorbo, aoe on piston corrected by removing teeth shs blue 15 tooth, o ring air nozzle, and then i replaced the gears and the wires, but i was going for a pdmr and complete over haul. Things to consider to replace, piston, air nozzle if it does not have an o ring, spring guide if it is plastic. As far as what spring it depends on what you desire to do with your rifle.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 am

What is it you want to improve about your gun specifically? You need to play with it (if you haven't yet) and determine what attributes you want to improve, and what your budget is. Once you do, we can tell you what you need. Here are some videos that will help with the basics though:

PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

tehalonesoul
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by tehalonesoul » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:36 pm

I guess I should actually play with it in a game. I have shot it several around the house checking the accuracy/distance I am fairly please with it maybe just a few more feet of distance and maybe a bit more accuracy. But maybe I should actually see it work on the field before I get too serious about it, which leads me to my next question.

I have a 8.4V 1100mAh mini for my AEG and I was wondering if I to a 9.6 would that hurt my gun in any way or would I have to do an internal re-vamping. I would also know that I would probably have to get a bigger hand rail/guard (sorry cant remember at the moment) to house my new battery. And was wondering what I should get as well? If I was to go through with this upgrade.

Thanks,

T.A.S

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm

9.6 will not effect your gun. You just need to make sure it is a nunchuck battery.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 pm

I would recommend you go ahead and switch to LiPos sooner rather than later and go with a 7.4v 1600mah LiPo.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]