Skywalker's Armory

Pictures and descriptions of your armory!
wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: 3 Scars

Post by wesley810 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 pm

vipersniper9 wrote: ah was that you up there? haha ... don't say that too loud they won't let me shoot at them up there....

thanks for the link thats probably what i need to grab.

Yeah once i've messed with the V4 gearbox alot and if i get absolutely nowhere, i'm probably going to build a similar gearbox to whats in the SSR and drop it in the psg-1
Haha, yeah, that was me up there. I've also been looking at the new PolarStar Solenoid gearbox that's coming out soon. That would probably be a lot less stress and more reliable than an AEG with a very high power. I've no idea what the V4 gearbox is like because I've never messed around with one.

Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Skywalker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 pm

yeah thats a cool design... but i doubt it would be any more reliable than a correctly upgraded v2
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Are you being serious? A valve hooked to an external gas source is about as bulletproof as an airsoft gun can be. Classics (which this is derived from) have been known to run for 15-20 years with no serious issues aside from O-rings wearing out.

A V2, on the other hand, is becomes more and more unreliable the more you upgrade it.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:27 pm

i said it was a good idea...

i just mean. when its still an experiment... and early design... a prototype... things tend to not work so well. because they haven't figured out everything about it yet to make it smooth and reliable.

not to mention the external gas source.

you can make a v2 gearbox shoot 500+ reliably

D.Smitty

Post by D.Smitty » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

vipersniper9 wrote: you can make a v2 gearbox shoot 500+ reliably
Sure, for a couple years, maybe.  Something will break. 
We all started doing what we love somewhere...

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 pm

arg lol all i mean is that the air powered one has no support as of now. you'll find almost no information, almost no parts ... etc. in the long run it could quite possibly be more of a pain

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:57 pm

SteevoLS wrote: Are you being serious? A valve hooked to an external gas source is about as bulletproof as an airsoft gun can be. Classics (which this is derived from) have been known to run for 15-20 years with no serious issues aside from O-rings wearing out.

A V2, on the other hand, is becomes more and more unreliable the more you upgrade it.
Exactly. The classic solenoid engine guns are pretty much indestructible and the most consistent you can get. I've heard of a guy on another forum with an 18 year old Asahi WA2000 (Runs off solenoid w/ external air and battery that's getting the exact same FPS reading from every shot in the mag. Plus, you can program the ROF and adjust FPS easily.

V2's are also known for cracking up front with powerful springs. AEGs can be a pain to upgrade for some people also.

The new PolarStar engines are expensive, but will probably be a big hit among people that want sniper performance out of an AEG. They should be out within the next 2 weeks actually. They are just waiting for a few things. I believe that the price was around $475 for the V2 style engine, or you could buy the whole rifle with everything in it.

Skywalker

Re: 3 Scars and PSG-1

Post by Skywalker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 am

Boring PSG-1 pics added... (i think, my internet isn't loading pictures at the moment. maybe you can't see them idk)

Stay tuned for what I turn it into.

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:51 am

vipersniper9 wrote:Boring PSG-1 pics added... (i think, my internet isn't loading pictures at the moment. maybe you can't see them idk)

Stay tuned for what I turn it into.
Not too sure if they're working right now. Maybe it's just me though.

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:31 am

got it now.

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 pm

They're working now. Looks sweet. I hate the creakiness of my PSG-1 though.

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 pm

yeah i'm gunna grab a railed front end for it... i need more metal! that plastic just feels so cheap...

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Skywalker wrote:yeah i'm gunna grab a railed front end for it... i need more metal! that plastic just feels so cheap...
That's what I may do. I like the look of the hanguard better, but it just feels like crap. Alos, I need a G&G metal receiver and a PDI chamber block. That should make it rock solid.

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 pm

yeah. hey i've got a couple extra parts now... i've not about to part with any gears because they can get messed up so easily in a v4. but i probably dont need this extra mosfet... and a couple other extra's from a FTK. PM me if you know any specifics you're looking for.

wesley810
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by wesley810 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 am

Skywalker wrote:yeah. hey i've got a couple extra parts now... i've not about to part with any gears because they can get messed up so easily in a v4. but i probably dont need this extra mosfet... and a couple other extra's from a FTK. PM me if you know any specifics you're looking for.
PM'ed. I may be interested in the mosfet. What extras do you have?