Latest Acquisition

This and that... pictures!
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Latest Acquisition

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:28 am

No clue, somebody was going around offering it in the SC camp, and I took him up on it. It was never on the internet.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:32 am

I will buy it from you at the next game I'm at. $55! Pwease? I WANT IT. You have enough frickin guns!!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 am

Nope. I have enough guns, but I always like new ones I will actually use. The ones I do not need I have in my FS thread.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Booo. I want.

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Wed May 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Not really a latest acquisition, but I got bored and started swapping parts around. Rebuilt an OLD gun (been in service since before Op Kudzu in 07) and got to messing with my custom GWS Sig 556. Hoping to take this PTW MagPul PTS stock and fit it to the really weird mounting hardware. It looks like a RS/GBB/PTW but the threads are totally proprietary. Gonna probably go with an old style AEG fitting so I can still use the PRS buffer tube to put it back on the M4 PTW when I feel like it.

Anyway, pictures:

No less than 6 manufacturers worth of parts. Internals are systema for the spring and bore, with a mix of several manufacturer standard parts for the lower GB, and a Systema magnum motor.

My old pride and joy, the Sig 556. Dom and a few of the older AOSC guys will recognize this one. This is the 3rd or 4th iteration, as it was a full rifle, then a mixmatch abortion with a 552, then a 556 carbine, and now a 556 rifle with DMR looks. Runs really good compression (I remember chatting with Dom about the unusual 450 FPS with a .2 at RF last February) with internals adapted from a Systema CMB. Only the spring guide and a few other naturally incompatible parts are original.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I remember that rifle Gabe, and I must say this is my favorite version of it, even though the so called "abortion" did not look half bad either

oh ya when are you gonna make it to a game, it has been to long

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

The Sig does look pretty sweet set up like that, although I preferred the carbine setup.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed May 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Ditto with Marshall; that abortion looked pretty good back in the day.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Of course I remember that build of yours, in all it's forms. I was very impressed with it at that RF game, nice job as usual. When are you coming to a game BTW? You know FP next weekend is going to be an excellent excercise in room clearing, rapid target acquisition, and general real-world CQB application.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Gabe wrote:Not really a latest acquisition, but I got bored and started swapping parts around. Rebuilt an OLD gun (been in service since before Op Kudzu in 07) and got to messing with my custom GWS Sig 556. Hoping to take this PTW MagPul PTS stock and fit it to the really weird mounting hardware. It looks like a RS/GBB/PTW but the threads are totally proprietary. Gonna probably go with an old style AEG fitting so I can still use the PRS buffer tube to put it back on the M4 PTW when I feel like it.

My old pride and joy, the Sig 556. Dom and a few of the older AOSC guys will recognize this one. This is the 3rd or 4th iteration, as it was a full rifle, then a mixmatch abortion with a 552, then a 556 carbine, and now a 556 rifle with DMR looks. Runs really good compression (I remember chatting with Dom about the unusual 450 FPS with a .2 at RF last February) with internals adapted from a Systema CMB. Only the spring guide and a few other naturally incompatible parts are original.

How is this gun? I'm looking to buy the KA 556 DMR version, and i think this is almost the same gun, This is the HOLO right?

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 pm

nope, not the HOLO, this is a pretty rare conversion kit made by GWS before CG or JP or KA ever thought of making a 556.

So freaking baller, I've never seen it in person but remember when you had it up for sale a couple yrs ago.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks guys. As a sort of reminder of the older forms, here's a the other versions:

Most recent, the 556 carbine.

When it was still a work in progress, the 552 mashup-this never made it to a game but was shown on SCAA a while back

Another 552, wishing it was a 556:

Original rifle, after paint. Can't find a pic unpainted, although Slate made a video years ago and it was in there somewhere (the only real difference here is the stock, but I'm looking for some foregrip/outer barrel parts to reinforce it and make it look more true to the civilian version:

If all goes well I might even go for something even weirder by putting the diopter back on, then putting the non-integral mount on and get another M3 scope for a sporter/military mixed look.

As far as my game attendance goes:

I've been trying to be a part of the community at least in the information capacity, but constant work on my car, unemployment, and an upcoming military activation are killing my schedule. Possibly later this year, maybe even during the summer, I'll maybe get back into the swing of things. Glad to hear you guys wanna get shot at by me. :)

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 am

glad to hear that Gabe, and I still like the carbine version and the original version about the same they are both so pretty :P

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 pm

IronChef wrote:
idiot88 wrote: Swiss Alpenflage/Leibermuster shirt, pants, backpack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpenflage
http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00014.php

[img width=1023 height=556]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj30 ... shirt-.jpg[/img]

[img width=870 height=991]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj30 ... pants-.jpg[/img]

[img width=1023 height=643]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj30 ... kpack-.jpg[/img]
thoose are awsome pj's
I wore the pants to work, and two people made this same comment. ;D

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Hotspur93 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:05 am

So I picked up a JG G36c at TDC and so far it has worked amazingly for only $50! Also the magwell adapter i got from Dom is amazing as well! All of my M4 mags work perfectly with it. To top it all off my new M9 just came in and let me say it is one sexy side arm that I hope to field very soon.

Pics up soon
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force