OP24-3

Information about past games.
GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

Re: OP24-3

Post by GARRETT » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Hero is correct. What we were able to see through the gen 1s looked like a small torch in the dark.

J2H
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by J2H » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:39 pm

I am ACTUALLY off Nov 5th and 6th!
Jeffrey "Huggies" Hughes
Sharpshooter- Echo 1 ASR (with left-handed mod), Galaxy MP5-K PDW
Veteran of Operations:
NONE YET
OIF/OEF/New Dawn Vet

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:27 pm

While NVGs can be a tactical advantage, they do not win games. If you doubt that look at the score of OP24. You win games like this through logistics and overall strategy, not from a few specific engagements.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 pm

While I am definitely the foolish leader Dom referred to who did not order his players to sleep, I am in total agreement on this.

Diesel, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you had more kills on me (with NV) at Op24-2 after dark then I had on you. I definitely died more than I killed that night.

Garrett, that means the guys had their IR illuminators turned on. Generally, you wouldn't be able to see that. Gen 1 not only need the illuminator more than higher quality stuff, but their illuminators are actually bigger and brighter. I think I actually did need my illuminator that night whenever I was in the woods, because even nice gear needs ambient light to function. Didn't need them much in the woods.

A couple of us from UF MIGHT make it to this game. We won't be there until 2200-2300 though because I work until 1900 or so on Saturdays and I already took the weekend before that off for Irene. Beef and I are definitely planning on being there though.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Seriously though, don't let the possibility of night vision scare you away from an awesome time. Keep out of open spaces, stick to the darkest parts of shadows, and basically play like you would during the day (only on semi-auto.) If you play like you don't have darkness to hide behind it won't matter when the darkness is removed.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

^This. Remember, night games are all about sound. If you stick to the darkest and lowest places, move slowly and quietly, and pay attention; all you need for a night game is a pistol to get a buttload of kills.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 am

Haha i got all of my kills at TDC at night just because the GA players let me walk up to em!
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Raymondj
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Raymondj » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm

only problem i had with the georgia guys that were using night vision honestly. They thought they were invisable. On numerous occasions that night 3-4 guys around me would lay into a guy with night vision ( Could clearly tell due to the little red light on his head) while he was out in the open and he'd turn to us and open fire and say he killed us all. As long as it doesnt happen like that repeatedly agian i could care less, u can easily blind them with strobe lights and bright spot lights. Also if you complain about players doing that and potentially ruining your 3000$ gear. Dont use it :)

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I have NV and use it at night games but Raymondj hit the nail on the head. With a $45.00 Streamlight Scorpion LED
light you can really disorient a dude with a $3000.00 set of NODs. Just have a teammate key on the light and shoot whomever you illuminate.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Light doesn't actually wash out night vision like it does in the movies, at least not in my experience. I'm not sure what was going on with the hit calling. I wasn't involved in any of those arguments, but I know a couple guys who were. They're usually very honest players so I'm not sure what the situation was. I personally tend to call hits quickly, honestly, and enthusiastically.
And don't worry about breaking $3000 gear. It shuts off automatically when it hits a light that's too bright for it.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Back on topic, people need to step up as commanders. It only gets more difficult as the game gets closer.
Personally, I'd like to see either Diesel against Garrett or Felix against Stealth Hero.

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Me and felix have already gone head to head. Sort of. Garrett is admining, so I don't think he can be a co.
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Garrett is running the game, and Diesel has told me he never wants to CO again. In fact, I think Garrett told me that as well. Now, I would love to see Felix against Stealth Hero, they would both learn a lot about commanding from the game, but I doubt Felix would CO since he is on AJAX and they are going Charlie.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Hmm... Well, I'm not doing it. I won't be there for the first part of the game and I also don't really care for commanding. Surely there must be someone who wants to be a leader.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 pm

It's one thing to want to be teh uber leaderz, it's another thing to put in the work before and during the game to do so. Some people need to step up and give it a shot though, it's better to try and fail than never to try at all.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]