AJAX Presents: Operation Second Sun ||Feb 18th Blue Hole||

Information about past games.
123bridges
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: AJAX Presents: Operation Second Sun ||Feb 18th Blue Hole

Post by 123bridges » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Sounds great! Me and the rest of my boys will be there.

Saint
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Saint » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Hey all, Georgia Airsofter here, looking to bring the team up from Albany for this OP, but I have some questions about the team uniforms. I see DCU/other and Multicam/Desert PDM, but is the Iranian uniform not listed or am I just missing it. I've had team members asking about ACUs.

I also saw where it said players wouldn't be allowed to participate if they mix and matched camo. I'd love to bring a spare uniform in case I need it, but all of my gear is multicam. Would I not be able to play? One of my team members also has black gear and he's wondering the same thing.

Finally, do you require full-seal eye protection. Personally, I usually use a mesh mask/safety glasses combo (but my team only allows the brass guard mesh masks or perforated steel and only in conjunction with safety glasses).

Any help is appreciated, looking forward to meeting you guys in a few months!
Co-captain of Army of Bros- Albany, Ga

JDGcamo
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by JDGcamo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Awwwwww yeah! I'm looking forward to this. ;D

Cody C.
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Cody C. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 pm

What they don't want to see is someone wearing a green top and a tan bottom or visa versa. The color of your gear doesn't really matter.

Saint
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Saint » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Cody C. wrote:What they don't want to see is someone wearing a green top and a tan bottom or visa versa. The color of your gear doesn't really matter.

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to double check. Thank you.

123bridges
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by 123bridges » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Here is another Blue Hole map to look at that shows the basic terrain and roads. Could be helpful for people operating tanks.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =1&theater

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Saint wrote:Hey all, Georgia Airsofter here, looking to bring the team up from Albany for this OP, but I have some questions about the team uniforms. I see DCU/other and Multicam/Desert PDM, but is the Iranian uniform not listed or am I just missing it. I've had team members asking about ACUs.

I also saw where it said players wouldn't be allowed to participate if they mix and matched camo. I'd love to bring a spare uniform in case I need it, but all of my gear is multicam. Would I not be able to play? One of my team members also has black gear and he's wondering the same thing.

Finally, do you require full-seal eye protection. Personally, I usually use a mesh mask/safety glasses combo (but my team only allows the brass guard mesh masks or perforated steel and only in conjunction with safety glasses).

The Iranians would be the Contractor loadouts (terrorist looking setups) or Alpha camoflauge (BDU's, Tiger Stripe, anything predominatly green)

Gear is never considered a mix match, I personally wear Multicam with Ranger Green gear. What we mean is the DCU tops and the BDU bottoms. And ACU would be considered the 'Other' on the DCU/Other team

Full seal is required if you are under 18. If you are over, you can wear any safety glasses. Mesh here is considered full seal if it covers your eyes with no excess area (goggles)

And cant wait to have you up here man!
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:25 pm

123bridges wrote:Here is another Blue Hole map to look at that shows the basic terrain and roads. Could be helpful for people operating tanks.

Hasnt the water been drained since this picture?
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Saint
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Saint » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks for the quick response. Really, looking forward to this!.

123bridges
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by 123bridges » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Felix wrote:
123bridges wrote:Here is another Blue Hole map to look at that shows the basic terrain and roads. Could be helpful for people operating tanks.

Hasnt the water been drained since this picture?
Sure has, I just put that map up to show where the main roads are.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:57 am

Felix wrote:There will be a tank there, for special reason. But if you have a tank youd like to bring sure, only issue is that Blue Hole doesn't have many good roads.
Good thing I noticed this, since no one had confirmed the date with me. :o

To say that Blue Hole doesn't have many good roads is a major understatement. Of all the fields I've been to this field is the worst in terms of limited mobility and general ineffectiveness of armored assets. Even the main roadway required some initial prep work (digging and leveling) for us to use it in a few spots, and a pickup truck got stuck (the last time I went). Ground clearance and steep elevation change issues remain, and that assumes good dry weather preceding the event (can't imagine what this place would be like if muddy), some vehicles had trouble even reaching the parking area! Large portions of the field are simply inaccessible to anything short of a roll-caged rock crawler. Just so you know. We will be annoying, but not necessarily threatening, since only #2 and two of the four capturable spawns are accessible (not sure about Alpha base) to my knowledge.
That said, it is the closest approximation of Afghanistan-like terrain one will find in the southeastern US, right down to the limited vehicular access issue. Will be nice for it not to be 100 degrees out there this time, too. Felix, I still owe you some gunner time, and have removed the old red stars to make it a more 'generic' asset. See you there.
Last edited by fallout11 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:05 am

Saint wrote:Hey all, Georgia Airsofter here, looking to bring the team up from Albany for this OP, but I have some questions about the team uniforms. I see DCU/other and Multicam/Desert PDM, but is the Iranian uniform not listed or am I just missing it. I've had team members asking about ACUs.

Mesh is fine at AOSC events, thankfully.
Iranians (Alpha side) wear "green" based attire, Bravo wears "tan" based. Your gear coloration does not matter so long as it is not overwhelming, i.e. your uniform coloration is still readily identifiable. Seen a few folks where there was only a few inches of green T-shirt sleeve showing under 95% "tan" coverage (tactical turtle mode), including the wrong color headgear, that will not surprisingly get you shot by your own forces and possibly the enemy as well. Pants are not that often seen, at least initially, it is your upper body and head that shows first and most, so keep that in mind.
Bring lots of water, there's little shade at BH and no source for water and it goes fast. It's an easy drive from GA, will be nice to have some others there.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am

I once drank 7 liters of water at Blue Hole over the course of 8 hours, and I didn't have to water the trees a single time. That should tell you something.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:05 pm

I agree with Steevo. I had 12 bottles of gatorade one day out here and like Steevo didn't have to water any trees. Shouldn't be as bad this time of year, but don't think you can't get dehydrated when it's 60 degrees out.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

armydude
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by armydude » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm

there will be food there