Blackwater 3: Defection Sept 1st

Information about past games.
Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blackwater 3: Defection Sept 1st

Post by Mr. Marauder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:18 pm

To be fair, there were some problems with the past games. My primary goal with this game is for it to be unique, and for everyone to have a good time. As they say, third time's a charm.
Last edited by Mr. Marauder on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:30 pm

I know with Ghost as CO of Blackwater they will be honorable.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I truely understand that many have the concerns about me or my hand pick Blackwater team, well reassure this is the facts.

1: Integrity: Being honest and there to play with integrity is firm as stone. If that is not the case, then what fun would it be.
2: Payments: 1/2 of the payment at the time of contract. Non-refundable. The remainder of the contracted payment after completed. If double crossed, DOOM ON YOU! Half price for other teams contracts.
3: Double cross: WILL NOT HAPPEN FROM ANY BLACKWATER MEMBER. if contract is to take personal out, we will not use any lying, if asked, to complete our contract.
4: Completion of Contracts: As soon as contract has been completed, with payment paid in full, all members in the Blackwater deligation will call themselves out and head to their respawn location.

At a latter date, one channel will be given to each, Alpha and Bravo, to contact BW for negotiations on upcoming contracts.

BTW: I or any member of BW is asked to declare who we are working for, we will speak the truth. But, if fired upon by contracted Alpha or Bravo, deal is off and BW will give half price for other teams next contract.

Any questions about my or Blackwaters honor should now be dispelled.

It will be a good game, but only if all want it to be. If any thing that I have posted is countering any admin/organizers then I will have to resign my stauts as Blackwater Command.

Ghost

Diesel
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Looks like Bravo is going be loosing a lot of money. If I see the Blackwater scum, I'm shooting. No if, ands, or butts. The best way to deal with a third faction is complete destruction of them. :)
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

...coulda saved a couple pages of typing there guys, I already laid out the proper way to play as any of the three factions in the post game chats ^-^.

As with any game play mechanics, it always comes down to balance. If BW is made totally predictable and "honorable", it ruins the entire point of the game and makes it worthless as a "uniquely unpredictable" game. On the other hand, if there are not regulations in place to prevent them from running amok it makes it too confusing altogether. At the first BW, it erred on the side of chaos a bit too much. At the second one, it leveled out much more and IMO was still crazy enough to be unique, but BW was not reigned in so much as to ruin the fun. BW II had about as good of balance as is possible with this game type IMO.

Remember, above all, BW is not a normal faction. Their entire purpose is to be underhanded and money hungry. If the BW faction plays with honor (not gameplay honor, obviously they need to play the sport itself with honor, I am talking about "scenario" honor) it will make the game just like any other and will ruin the unique fun of having a third party that can literally stab you in the back anytime they please. That's the point, let's not lose sight of it. If you don't like surprises or "butthurt" that are within the boundaries of the rules, then this is the one game this year you should not attend.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Dom's right we have had this discussion a million times (twice). Blackwater exists outside of the rules of normal factions. I understand that. But as a CO or as a player you don't need to worry about being shot in the back once you've paid someone. Airsoft games are usually chaotic enough, you don't need a team stealing everyone's money and running around doing as they please.

If BW is under no contract? Sure go crazy. As BW in the second game i felt very inhibited because we weren't allowed to do anything until someone paid us. That got a bit boring.

I'm glad Ghost is CO because i believe BW should honor their contracts. Not take half payment up front, shoot you and run away with the second half. Or...all of your money.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Dom, I hate to break it to you, but just because you laid out how a 3rd faction should be played doesn't make it so. ;)

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Gambler wrote:Dom, I hate to break it to you, but just because you laid out how a 3rd faction should be played doesn't make it so. ;)
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

What I meant was that he practically copied and pasted how I said to deal with them :P.

Drew, no one is disagreeing with you. Honoring an agreed to contract was the major change in BW II, and I think everyone, including me, agrees it worked better that way. People just need to understand if it goes farther than that it can ruin the fun.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry Dom, I couldn't resist. I even deleted my original post, but due to popular demand it was reposted.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 pm

No need to delete it, it was funny. I see how it could be taken that way, I won't argue with a good laugh ;).

*Edit: Just looked in chat and saw the popular demand lol, give the people what they want!
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

I am looking forward to this game, and I'm sure blackwater will honor whatever kind of rules Marauder aplpies to them. And I'm sure Ghost will CO them well.

If they don't? Well i will shoot all of them.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 pm

^This.

I plan on running Bravo for this one.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm

I will agree with you both. I will shoot myself (which I have so many times) if I mess up. Plus the group that I have will tear me a new one if they mess up. hahah.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm

At this time Black water is full. Working on one more player's handler this Saturday to confirm that he will be able to come out to play. Thank you for the Two members that requested their teams to join. Maybe next time.