ILL BE THERE

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: TDC2 (SC vs GA) APRIL 27-28 2013

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 pm

specter wrote:
UF_Jester wrote:
specter wrote:I have also been snooping around on the georgia forums and it looks like they'll have maybe 1 troop transport but that's it. That means no evil mini gun truck from the georgetown field, and no fallout (as far as I know). TF1 will most likely have 2 AFV's, MSAT will have one, then there's the technical, and possibly RED's tanks, and the duce and a half. We'll be set with armor and if we use it wisely, I think we can win easily.
Bit of course you'll only be using as many tanks as Ga brings right? After all, we shut ours off on the Sunday of TDC 1 because the SC ones left. Fair is fair right? That's what we were told...
Revenge for the baserape? I dunno, your guys were breaking armor rules I didn't even know existed. Especially that minigun truck. He was going at least 40 in the field. That'll get someone hurt bad. I know marpat is having trouble figuring out how to transport his, and RED is gonna be out at some other game. That pretty much leaves our APC's, the technical, and my tank. Tell you what, I'll only use mine on the first day. I don't speak for others of course but at least it's one less tank you have to worry about.
While I don't condone the actions of the minuting truck, who no one spoke to about any issues during the game, the SC pickup actually hit a Ga player, so watch who you're throwing stones at. As for base rape, we were smart enough to ditch our base because there were no points for holding it. I'd suggest doing the same. As for even numbers, I doubt Ga guys will complain much if SC has a tank or two more than us. I was just pointing out that SC didn't share our easy going nature last time.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 pm

All the young players weren't smart enough to do what I told them to do and spawn somewhere other than our HQ. Not only were they not using common sense, but spawning in the HQ and trying to "defend" it was a direct violation of their orders. Anyone upset about that has no one to blame bu themselves, we always had at least one spawn other than our HQ. Some people refused to do what they were told and use it, that's their fault.

Jester is right, armor is a serious balance issue and should be divided equally. It should have been last time too, but that's water under the bridge. Armor is really more of a game mechanic that can be a major force balancer or the opposite, therefore IMO it should always be balanced by the admin. That's true regardless of who seems to benefit by it.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Dominum wrote:All the young players weren't smart enough to do what I told them to do and spawn somewhere other than our HQ. Not only were they not using common sense, but spawning in the HQ and trying to "defend" it was a direct violation of their orders. Anyone upset about that has no one to blame bu themselves, we always had at least one spawn other than our HQ. Some people refused to do what they were told and use it, that's their fault.

Jester is right, armor is a serious balance issue and should be divided equally. It should have been last time too, but that's water under the bridge. Armor is really more of a game mechanic that can be a major force balancer or the opposite, therefore IMO it should always be balanced by the admin. That's true regardless of who seems to benefit by it.
Armor actually was balanced last time. We both had two on Saturday but yours left on Sunday, hence requiring us to disband ours.
Team United Front CO
Vet:
OP24-Two________________OP Blackout
OP Phantom Hawk_________OP Anaconda
TDC (Ga/SC#1)___________OP Just Cause
OP Irene IX TFR 3-1___OP Ranch Hand-Vietcong CO
_____________________OP SoCo (Ga/SC#2)
Carpe noctem
Proprium nocte
unitedfrontairsoft.com

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:08 pm

The number of armor was balanced, true.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

D.Smitty
I do in fact have a life.

Post by D.Smitty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Keep things constructive, guys. This isn't a "who played more fairly last year" thread.
We all started doing what we love somewhere...

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Jester and I are discussing things that are anecdotal, it doesn't mean anyone is accusing anyone else of unfairness lol.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

specter

Post by specter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, I'm gonna bring the tank to this one no matter what, but if you need me to switch sides and shoot some SC players, I don't have a problem with it.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 pm

That's a good way to look at it IMO. I beleive it was Fallout I was talking with once when he said that as a tank drive you have to view yourself more as a game mechanic than as a player, per se.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

specter

Post by specter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm not trying to really be helpful or anything, I just like shooting people! ;D

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Black Poison? Thats a helluva team right there.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

specter wrote:I'm not trying to really be helpful or anything, I just like shooting people! ;D
That's the spirit! Shoot, UF rolled with SC lat year. Sometimes it's fun to shoot guys from your own state.
Team United Front CO
Vet:
OP24-Two________________OP Blackout
OP Phantom Hawk_________OP Anaconda
TDC (Ga/SC#1)___________OP Just Cause
OP Irene IX TFR 3-1___OP Ranch Hand-Vietcong CO
_____________________OP SoCo (Ga/SC#2)
Carpe noctem
Proprium nocte
unitedfrontairsoft.com

specter

Post by specter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 pm

UF_Jester wrote:
specter wrote:I'm not trying to really be helpful or anything, I just like shooting people! ;D
That's the spirit! Shoot, UF rolled with SC lat year. Sometimes it's fun to shoot guys from your own state.
I just wanna shoot a few AJAXians :P

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Good luck with that.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Hatch
AJAXian