Vietnam Patrol [MilSim Op] Sept. 28/29th

Information about past games.

If you plan on attending, what faction will you most likely play as?

North Vietnam
37%
USA
63%

Total votes: 82

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vietnam Patrol [MilSim Op] Sept. 28/29th

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

The Airfarm (The same field as TDC and TDCII [SC vs GA])
Address: 470 Halfacre Road; Newberry, SC 29108
Google Maps: Click Here

Date:
Friday, September 27th through Sunday, September 29th (2013)

Price:
$20 (pre-register, includes raffle ticket AND color map!)
$25 (walk on, NO raffle ticket)
$30 (late walk ons [after 0915 on Saturday], NO raffle ticket)

Itinerary:
Friday:
1400: Gate opens for camping, early check in for pre-registered players, early registration for walk-ons.
Saturday:
0800: Check in for pre-registered players, registration for walk-ons, and chrono opens
0915: Briefing begins
0945: Enter the field and game begins
1300: Lunch break
1415: Game resumes
1815: Dinner break and best loadout contest
2000: Night game briefing begins
2030: Enter the field and night game begins
2330: Night game ends
Sunday:
0830: Check in for pre-registered players, registration for walk-ons, and chrono opens
0900: Briefing begins
0945: Enter the field and game begins
1330: Game ends
1400: Raffle
1700: Gates close

Back Story:
Immediately following the Battle of La Drang, with the US Armed Forces suffering numerous casualties and low morale, command decides to act boldly. Capitalizing on intel received, the 3rd Corps commands the 1st Cavalry to move out to designated coordinates to intercept supply routes to FOBs. It is their hope to cripple the NVA with a regional blockage on communications and supplies, thereby preventing information from making its way back to senior NVA officials. Conversely, NVA scouts have detected US movement, and realize that their presence so close to their FOBs spells trouble. They cannot afford for communication and logistics grids to breakdown, so they are willing to do whatever is necessary to prevent US forces from maintaining a presence. Meanwhile, as each prepares for battle, the US discovers one of their LZs is no longer secure when an aircraft containing supplies is shot down while attempting to land. Only a small force holds the tiny airstrip, and the NVA has earmarked it as the first isolated American outpost to fall in the impending battle. It is a race against time for both forces as they make their way to the crash site, and a desperate struggle begins throughout the area.

The scenario is meant to portray the various strengths and weaknesses of both military organizations during the Vietnam conflict. On the one hand; a vast conventional military with plentiful heavy weapons, all-round superior firepower in any stand up engagement, and the best logistics. On the other; mostly small arms and rudimentary logistics that relied on human backs; with an emphasis on guerilla tactics to avoid the conventional military strength arrayed against them. Throughout the conflict, both sides tried to play to their strengths.

The Americans used their immense aerial power to ever greater effect, and their superior heavy weapons and vast logistical supremacy to bring awesome firepower to bear in any major engagement. Being able to "Find, fix, and finish" the enemy was the ultimate goal. The purpose was to find concentrations of enemy combatants, engage them quickly, and finish them off with overwhelming firepower; all while maintaining major supply and air bases from which to strike. Inflicting high casualties on enemy troop concentrations was seen as the measure of success or failure.

The NVA and supporting guerilla forces used their knowledge of the land and American troop concentrations and supply lines to orchestrate attacks, largely with small arms, to great effect. They quickly melted away into the countryside when more firepower was brought to bear against them, a hallmark of guerilla warfare. The NVA often used nighttime and surprise attacks against isolated American forces, with the point being to eliminate them before reinforcements could arrive, or to blockade their road access and ambush relieving columns on the road. Like guerilla armies throughout the centuries, they knew that their best option was to avoid all out conventional warfare, and to attempt to bleed their enemies dry. Inflicting steady casualties on enemy combatants was seen as the measure of success or failure.

Factions:
NVA: Brown, black, and tan colors and camo patterns. An historically accurate loadout is not required, but it is highly encouraged that you at least try to resemble something closer to historical accuracy than not. Therefore, please pick a loadout and weapon that is at least similar to an historically accurate one, or better yet, one that is historically accurate.
CO: jsts ghost

US Army: Green camo patterns. An historically accurate loadout is not required, but it is highly encouraged that you at least try to resemble something closer to historical accuracy than not. Therefore, please pick a loadout and weapon that is at least similar to an historically accurate one, or better yet, one that is historically accurate.
CO: ibeezthecapn

A contest will be held for the best individual historical loadout from either side, and another one for the best team historical loadout for either side. Prizes TBA.

Volunteers Needed:
-I still need a few people to volunteer to fill out the admin staff, either part of the game or the whole game. PM me for details, only experienced airsofters please.
-A CO is needed for the American Faction. PM me if interested.

Rules:
This is a MilSim Scenario and the rules are more strict then you are used to, be sure to read carefully!

Game-specific rules that apply:
- All players will be provided with a rule/briefing sheet and a map. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with all rules and regulations. Missions will be assigned to your CO and will be written with clear and explicit directions, any items/props involved in missions will have instructions attached. If you have any issues or questions at any time, call an admin on channel 1 immediately.

-A CO and XO will be appointed for each faction. Both factions will be split into four roughly equal parts, designated as "Platoons" and lead by Platoon leaders chosen by their factions CO. Each American platoon will have one radio operator. Each platoon will have between two and four medics, depending on turnout. Radiomen and Medics will be designated by insignia provided by staff to go on their upper arms/shoulders. Radiomen and Medics may switch with another player only at HQ.

-Upon being shot, players may either call for a friendly medic if there are any live ones available in the area, or wait three minutes until they have bleed out, at which point they can head back to their HQ or a captured respawn point in their factions' control and touch the respawn "flag". After being healed two consecutive times, you must blead out the next time you are hit. The three minute bleed out is mandatory no matter where you are when hit, unless you are healed first. To be healed, a live medic on your faction must make physical contact with you for 30 seconds. If he has to fire or drag you he must stop the count. A live player can drag a hit player by touching them and walking, two live players can drag a hit player by both touching him/her and may run.

-No player may ever have more than 1000 rounds TOTAL in mags at any time. This is cumulative of all the guns you may be carrying. M203 shells and claymores do not count towards this total. Players may choose to either carry ONLY two hicaps for a particular gun, and no other mags for that gun at all, OR no hicaps at all and unlimited mids or lows, so long as they do not breach the absolute 1000rnd limit. Support weapons are an exception and may have up to 5000 rnds in mags at any given time and may use box/drum/hicap mags. These limits will be enforced by in field admins prior to and during the game.

-Players may not reload any magazines in the field UNLESS they are either; at their HQ; at a capturable respawn their faction owns; or have been given a card from a mission that gives them express permission to reload.

-No in game vehicles, no private vehicles in the play area during game on, and no rocket/nerf/foam ball launchers allowed.

-Thunder Bs, Tornado grenades and similar airsoft grenades are allowed. If one of these detonates inside a mostly enclosed building/structure/bunker, everyone inside is dead. If thrown outside of a structure, a BB must make contact with a player to kill them. Any other device such as claymores, mines, M203s, etc. must fire a BB to cause a "kill". Hits from any of these devices are hits, no matter who placed them or got hit by them (because friendly fire always counts).

-No pyro, nothing with a fuse. If you pull a string and it lights a fuse, it IS NOT COLD BURNING. Real cold burning/chemical smoke with no flame is allowed.

-Comms, comm etiquette, and adherence to your factions' command structure is required. Your platoon leader will be given missions to accomplish and orders to carry out from the CO throughout the day, it is your responsibility to stick with your platoon and do your duty.

-3 Kill cards will be issued to every player on both sides at the beginning of the game, and three is the maximum number of your faction's kill cards you can have on your person at any time. To be in play you MUST have at least one of your factions kill cards on your person, they can only be picked up when respawning at your HQ. The Vietnamese will have black kill cards with white text, and the Americans will have white kill cards with black text. When hit and before you bleed out (you MUST wait at least three minutes before you can bleed out, no matter what) if approached by a live enemy player and asked for a kill card, you must give them ONE kill card. Similarly, if you approach an enemy who has been hit and has not yet blead out, ask them for ONE of their kill cards, and they must give it to you. If they refuse or have no cards (which is NOT ALLOWED), get on channel 1 and call for an admin to immediately. Cards that have been captured from the enemy may never be regained by them, even if you are hit. Simply give any kill cards you capture to your CO or XO the next time you can, whether you are alive or dead you can drop them off with them at HQ. Enemy kill cards you capture should be stored on your person and never relinquished, until you turn them in to your CO or XO at HQ to be stored.

-American Radiomen will be issued, at various times and in limited amounts, cards that allow them to call in artillery and air strikes. Only a live American Radioman, or the American CO, may call them in. Once called in on the admin channel (1), an admin will arrive to deploy. Artillery strikes will destroy a smaller area and take less time to deploy; air strikes will destroy a larger area and take a longer time to deploy. The admin who arrives to deploy one of these game mechanics will reference the grids called in on the radio, and will then tell players (from either faction) within the appropriate area if they have been killed. If an admin tells you you have been killed by either an artillery barrage or an air strike, call hit and put on your dead rag exactly as if you had been hit by a BB. Friendly fire from these game mechanics will happen if the wrong grids are called in, or if Americans move into an area previously called in for a strike. Communication is key. Players on the NVA side need to remember that this game mechanic is meant to give you some semblance of the realistic situation of NVA forces. If you engage and think the Americans may have called in a strike, break off or reposition.

-The NVA leadership will have foreknowledge of American missions and positions throughout the day, and will be permitted to set up ambushes or roadblocks to inhibit the movement of American forces. The missions issued will essentially force the American forces to deal with situations in which the NVA has surrounded outposts, blockaded roads and denied relief, and ambushes at strategic points. The Americans will not know the location of the NVA HQ or their permanent spawn points. Players on the American side need to remember that this game mechanic is meant to put you in similar situations as American forces. Be prepared for ambushes when on the move, utilize your artillery and air power when surrounded, and stay in close communication with your superiors.

-Channel 1 is admin, all even channels are American, all odd channels are NVA. Do not receive or transmit on enemy frequencies.

-Camping is allowed Friday and Saturday night. Make sure fires are extremely well contained and supervised by an adult at all times. Be respectful of others in the vicinity in regards to noise, etc. Any illegal activity on the premises will be prosecuted. There is plenty of fire wood to be gathered on the premises. Portajohns will be on site.

Standard rules that apply:
Click Here

Waiver:
If you are UNDER 18 years of age and will not have a parent or legal guardian with you at registration to sign, have them sign one now and bring it with you:
PDF File
Word File

Night Game Rules:
-EVERYTHING on the field will be SEMI-AUTO ONLY during the night game EXCEPT anything that has a 0 MED (under 300 FPS w/.25gs) AND is firing glowing tracer rounds.
-A colored glow stick (chemical or electric) is required to participate (it will be your dead rag)
-A flashlight of some kind is required (in case you or someone near you needs to be able to see in an emergency situation)

Map:
American HQ/Permanent Spawn Point: #2
NVA HQ/Permanent Spawn Point(s): Only the NVA will know
Capturable Respawns: Will be mission specific and included in mission packets from your superiors
Other Points of Interest: May be referenced in missions
Grids: Must be used by American Radiomen to call in artillery and air strikes, and will be referenced by command and missions

Raffle:
Right now I have over $100 worth of merchandise to raffle off; courtesy of Red Tactical Airsoft and SC Airsoft Supply. More raffle info TBA.

Red Tactical Airsoft and SC Airsoft Supply will both be vending on site.

HOW TO PRE-REGISTER:

Paypal a net amount of $20 to DominumProductions@gmail.com (either as a gift, or you cover the Paypal fees).
Be sure to include:
-your full name as it appears on your state or federal ID
-your forum callsign
-the faction you will play for

A reply will be sent via email notifying you of your successful registration within 48 hours, and will include your unique registration code. Print this page out and bring it to registration with your State or Federal ID. YOU MUST HAVE your registration code to check in. (This code will also serve as your raffle ticket, remember that only pre-registered players will be able to participate in the raffle; join the private faction planning forums; and receive a color map of the field on game day.) Pre-registration closes September 15th.

If you are unable to register using this method, PM me and I can provide other options.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vietnam Patrol [MilSim Op] Sept. 28/29th

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm

You asked for more MilSim and a VN game, so here it is! (and it's cheap; 14hrs of Scenario MilSim Op, plus camping and awesomeness; all for only $20!)

"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Looks intresting , I will be there with my lead farmer load out !
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v

ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.

Post by ibeezthecapn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Support weapons are an exception and may have up to 5000 rnds in mags at any given time and may use box/drum/hicap mags.
folks please reference the thread "what is a support weapon" to prevent any sort of wahwah if you drive 2.5 hrs and cant use your preferred weapon/mag setup
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

M733 is Vietnam-y right?
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Yep.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Please, to all of you from the bottom of my heart, for the love of all that is holy, leave the Molle and Multicam at home. I will love you forever.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Romba

Post by Romba » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 pm

I'll be there full multiglam with molle and molle and molle. And flash bang grenades and night vision and active camp from halo 3.
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:56 pm

If you're not there with that M733 in M81 at the very least I will... shoot you this weekend at PBC.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Romba wrote:active camp from halo 3.
tents be wigglin

THANK YOU!!

Gerbilizer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Gerbilizer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Must find rice paddy hat.
Polarstar refills here- http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... =58&t=6879
Romba wrote:I just want to shoot everyone. :P
[align=center]V[/align]

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Gerbilizer wrote:Must find rice paddy hat.
beach stores sell the plastic ones for yuppies who burn easy if you cant find a thatched one!

THANK YOU!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Just confirmed, Ghost will be the XO for tan. Come fight with the diesel and ghost and drive the sorry Americans back home with their tails tucked between their legs.
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 pm

I wanna go! SOG sniper team inbound.

I have to buy a freaking M40A1 now -_-
No L96, and DAMN I wish I had my Thompson......
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)