Operation Palmetto Overture Dec 7 - GTI training Barnwell SC

Information about past games.
TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Operation Palmetto Overture Dec 7 - GTI training Barnwel

Post by TokenTech89 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 am

i am not too worried, i can get any variety based on what i am gonna wear from rnzilla

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:00 pm

hey dion is palmetto gaurd coming to this event?
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:17 pm

We are getting the numbers right now. People were still sitting on maybes and someone of us got requested to come as npc. so i go to get the final numbers soon.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

jesus_freak
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by jesus_freak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

this is all pretty interesting... I remember seeing (or at least thinking I saw) that there may be another OP in march on oRC's facebook page... but I can't find it again. How likely/true is that?

May try and hop on the Q&A, but I'm probably not able to make December.

OP:RC
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by OP:RC » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:12 pm

We are planning on getting back in March or April but it is a matter of nbers.
It would be a 24 hour round the click scenario. We don't break.

The cost will be $ 150 - $180.

The more we see atPalmetto? The more we will be back.

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 pm

TokenTech89 wrote:We are getting the numbers right now. People were still sitting on maybes and someone of us got requested to come as npc. so i go to get the final numbers soon.

cool i hope to see you guys out there. do you have an idea which side yall are running?

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:23 pm

OP:RC wrote:We are planning on getting back in March or April but it is a matter of nbers.
It would be a 24 hour round the click scenario. We don't break.

The cost will be $ 150 - $180.

The more we see atPalmetto? The more we will be back.

i wanted to just throw this out there and expand on what monty said: as sc players we have seen 2 national game organizers come in now to run games in our state. both at the same ao but that ao is like none other in the country. i mean come on its a nuclear power plant it doesnt get much better than that, but what people dont understand is the amount of money and time it takes to put on a milsim game at a place like gti i mean we are talking thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours. as a player in this state i feel we need to support these organizations so that they will want to come back and do games here. i know the cost of the games are high but rest assured you get what you pay for. i went to faded giant last year and paid over 100 dollar field fee and it was worth every penny. and for this game its 75 dollars and when you stop and think about it 75 is not that much money for what your getting. the aosc isnt able to put on games of this caliber simply because of the cost it takes to put one on. me personally i have been waiting for a national game to come to this state simply because i dont want to have to travel 4 to 12 hours just to attend one. gti is in our back yard and we need to take advantage and support these games. and for those that cant attend faded giant or palmetto overture this year because of money start saving now for next year

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I will say that I have played CQB at 400fps limit 0med. yeah it hurts. I played at Battalion in JAXFL which is basically a hollowed out shipping depot full of buildings like that. I am going, but i am getting a helmet, earpro, hardknuckles and a mesh lower.

most of us have some sort of gear, plate carrier, chestrig, whatever. and given its in December it will be chilly enough to wear that and a BDU top, which should tone down the ouch factor.

I cant wait to see this AO and see how it plays out. For those of you hating on the RP side, have you never honestly drove by a LARP battle or saw a scene in a movie (Role Models) and not thought "man that would be awesome?"
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:02 pm

AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm

hoss no offense here but that picture was lame. your going to faded giant this year and at that game you will have 400 fps guns in doors so dont say its just this game. the point is alot of your indoor cqb facilities around the country allow 400 fps guns. and trust me on this you dont have very many point blank engagements at this ao. ask all the players from faded giant last year. me and jacob only had one the entire weekend and we were using our pistols. i got lit up plenty from 20 feet with a 400 fps gun and its not as bad as you think. granted most of the hits were in the vest but the point is we wear plate carriers and long sleeves and face protection for a reason.

on another note i want to remind everybody that is thinking about attending this game about the free webinar thats is coming up this saturday at 8pm. the owner of reality check will be on there answering questions and explaining the details of the game in depth. i was on the one this past wensday and it was very good and informative.

OP:RC
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by OP:RC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0peA8aVVtc[/youtube]
here are a couple of videos. This is the typical amount of gear that people wear up here in the North East where everyone shoots at 400 FPS unless you ply indoor only, or as we call them "Day Care Airsoft"

The Dire Wolf Shows Interaction with NPCs, and the Able Squad Video shows a Casevac.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaWSDRKe_nk[/youtube]

theres quiite a few videos out there on You Tube of our Scenarios.

Last word we are going to say on the 400 fps rule because you are all over reacting, but.....at 400 FPS, people actually engage at greater distances in cqb and a re more likelt to establish thier own MED rule as a matter of respect for a fellow player,

this is what I wear at a Scenario, and this is when I won soldier of the VBattle at Fort Drum last Year, 4 months after a double Organ Transplant.

or

Same rig, every Ops. 46 pounds of gear and the simplest thing to remember was what I learned 36 miles into a 40 mile individual comabat Fitness assessment in Wales. Nothing is painful once it stops hurting.

Speak to you all tomorrow

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 pm

ok gents i have had a couple of spots open up on my platoon if your interested in playing please shoot me a pm. side note we are on the tan side

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 pm

stuckmojo wrote:
OP:RC wrote:snipers are chronoed with a .25 gram bb and can only go up to 550 fps which is the same rule as the aosc. snipers are allowed to use .5 gram bbs but have to chrono with a .25.
Wrong, that is not the rule in the AOSC. Regardless of whether or not one wants to call one's airsoft gun a "sniper weapon system", we have players chrono with the weight BB they plan on using in the gun. The limit for .25gs is 560 FPS, but much more importantly, gas and P*s have to use the weight they will play with due to the vast change that can be caused by the expanding gas. If this is not taken into account at the chrono line, someone can and will chrono such a weapon system with a .25g BB within the limits, but when they switch to a heavier BB, it can go WAY over the limit.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:44 pm

ok guys for everyones info the game organizer will let you pay have down to register which is 37.50 and pay the other half of 37.50 by november 18th. also my platoon has been extend to 6 squads and i have about 15 slots left. i would like to reserve these for more sc players so if your interested in coming please send me a pm