Operation Decisive Force, Dec. 7-8 at RR (MilSim+night game)

Information about past games.
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Operation Decisive Force, Dec. 7-8 at RR (MilSim+night game)

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Originally this game was meant to be a regular 'simple' scenario, but I will be providing a discounted field fee of $10 (I literally can't go lower) to any players that were signing up for Palmetto Overture. Many of them had already asked off work and then got the short end of the stick, so we want to give them a great weekend of airsoft anyway. Since some of them will be driving some distance for this, I decided to make it a two day MilSim OP instead. Hopefully this will make it well worth their drive time. My intention is to combine the extremely well received game mechanics and rules I used for Operation Vietnam Patrol with an exciting field that many players are just now discovering is actually pretty sweet. Come on out for a great weekend of MilSim play with interesting and engaging small unit based missions throughout. Volunteers for CO, XO, and some role playing (not the whole time) are needed.

Rattlesnake Ridge (extended play area includes several structures and multi room barn)
Address: 331 Horsefeathers Lane, Sandy Run - Staley -Swansea - Saint Matthews (it has no idea where it is), SC 29160
Google Maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=331%2BHo ... CAgQ_AUoAg

Date:
Saturday, December 7th through Sunday, December 8th (2013)

Price:
$15 (or $10 for anyone who was registered for Palmetto Overture)

Itinerary:
Saturday:
0800: Registration and chrono opens
0930: Briefing begins
1000: Enter the field and game begins
1300: Lunch break
1430: Game resumes
1830: Dinner break
2000: Night game briefing begins
2030: Enter the field and night game begins
2330: Night game ends
Sunday:
0830: Registration and chrono opens
0930: Briefing begins
1000: Enter the field and game begins
1400: Game ends

Back Story:
It's the early years of the Bosnian war, and the former Yugoslavia is torn apart in a conflict for territory between various political, ethnic, and religious groups. UNPROFOR (Alpha faction) has been deployed to a rural area in Bosnia to provide ground transport and protection for humanitarian relief near the "safe area" of Srebrenica. Attacks against the "safe area" and attempts to loot humanitarian aid convoys are likely to be a major issue from both Bosnian Serb paramilitary groups as well as the Army of Republika Srpska (VRS) (Bravo faction). The region is in the midst of upheaval and the fortunes of the various factions change constantly. With this sort of chaos, anything could happen.

Factions:
VRS: Bravo colors
CO: Uboat
XO: Hotspur

UNPROFOR: Alpha colors
CO:
XO:

Rules:
This is a MilSim Scenario and the rules are more strict then you are used to, be sure to read carefully!

Game-specific rules that apply:
- It is your responsibility to understand and comply with all rules and regulations. If you have any issues or questions at any time, call an admin on channel 1 immediately.

-Upon being shot, players may either call for a friendly medic if there are any live ones available in the area, or wait three minutes until they have bled out, at which point they can head back to their HQ or a captured respawn point in their factions' control and touch the respawn "flag". After being healed two consecutive times, you must bleed out the next time you are hit. The three minute bleed out is mandatory no matter where you are when hit, unless you are healed first. To be healed, a live medic on your faction must make physical contact with you for 30 seconds. If he has to fire or drag you he must stop the count. A live player can drag a hit player by touching them and walking, two live players can drag a hit player by both touching him/her and may run. Medics will be limited and assigned.

-No player may ever have more than 1000 rounds TOTAL in mags at any time. This is cumulative of all the guns you may be carrying. M203 shells and claymores do not count towards this total. Players may choose to either carry ONLY two hicaps for a particular gun, and no other mags for that gun at all, OR no hicaps at all and unlimited mids or lows, so long as they do not breach the absolute 1000rnd limit. Support weapons are an exception and may have up to 5000 rnds in mags at any given time and may use box/drum/hicap mags. These limits will be enforced by in field admins prior to and during the game.

-Players may not reload any magazines in the field UNLESS they are either; at their HQ; at a capturable respawn their faction owns; or have been given a card from a mission that gives them express permission to reload.

-No in game vehicles, no private vehicles in the play area during game on, and no rocket/nerf/foam ball launchers allowed.

-Thunder Bs, Tornado grenades and similar airsoft grenades are allowed. If one of these detonates inside a mostly enclosed building/structure/bunker, everyone inside is dead (in the barn for example, it must detonate inside a "room" to kill everyone in that "room", but no one outside of it) If thrown outside of a structure, a BB must make contact with a player to kill them. Any other device such as claymores, mines, M203s, etc. must fire a BB to cause a "kill". Hits from any of these devices are hits, no matter who placed them or got hit by them (because friendly fire always counts).

-No pyro, nothing with a fuse. If you pull a string and it lights a fuse, it IS NOT COLD BURNING. Real cold burning/chemical smoke with no flame is allowed.

-Comms, comm etiquette, and adherence to your factions' command structure is required. Your platoon leader will be given missions to accomplish and orders to carry out from the CO throughout the day, it is your responsibility to stick with your platoon and do your duty.

-3 Kill cards will be issued to every player on both sides at the beginning of the game, and three is the maximum number of your faction's kill cards you can have on your person at any time. To be in play you MUST have at least one of your factions kill cards on your person, they can only be picked up when respawning at your HQ. The Bravo faction will have black kill cards with white text, and the Alpha faction will have white kill cards with black text. When hit and before you bleed out (you MUST wait at least three minutes before you can bleed out, no matter what) if approached by a live enemy player and asked for a kill card, you must give them ONE kill card. Similarly, if you approach an enemy who has been hit and has not yet bled out, ask them for ONE of their kill cards, and they must give it to you. If they refuse or have no cards (which is NOT ALLOWED), get on channel 1 and call for an admin immediately. Cards that have been captured from the enemy may never be regained by them, even if you are hit. Simply give any kill cards you capture to your CO or XO the next time you can, whether you are alive or dead you can drop them off with them at HQ. Enemy kill cards you capture should be stored on your person and never relinquished, until you turn them in to your CO or XO at HQ to be stored.

-Channel 1 is admin, all even channels are Alpha faction, all odd channels are Bravo faction. Do not receive or transmit on enemy frequencies.

-Camping is allowed Saturday night (and possibly Friday with permission). Make sure fires are extremely well contained and supervised by an adult at all times. Be respectful of others in the vicinity in regards to noise, etc. Any illegal activity on the premises will be prosecuted. There is plenty of fire wood to be gathered on the premises. An outhouse will be on site.

Standard rules that apply:
Click Here

Waiver:
If you are UNDER 18 years of age and will not have a parent or legal guardian with you at registration to sign, have them sign one now and bring it with you:
PDF File
Word File

Night Game Rules:
-EVERYTHING on the field will be SEMI-AUTO ONLY during the night game EXCEPT anything that has a 0 MED (under 300 FPS w/.25gs) AND is firing glowing tracer rounds.
-A colored glow stick (chemical or electric) is required to participate (it will be your dead rag)
-A flashlight of some kind is required (in case you or someone near you needs to be able to see in an emergency situation)

Map:
VRS (Bravo) HQ/Permanent Respawn: North Central part of the field
UNPROFOR (Alpha) HQ/Permanent Respawn: South Central part of the field
Capturable Respawn: In 'The Pit' (Grid G15)
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Operation Decisive Force, Dec. 7-8 at RR (MilSim+night g

Post by idiot88 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Gee, thanks Dom. You just HAD to make Yugoslavians bravo and nullify me using my authentic Yugoslavian M93 camo shirt. ;)

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:07 am

You could just run UNPROFOR and say your some kind of sympathizer or something :P
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm going. Just gonna have a good weekend that weekend, no shenanigans.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:38 pm

marpat96 wrote:I'm going. Just gonna have a good weekend that weekend, no shenanigans.
You are doomed, birthday boy.

jesus_freak
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by jesus_freak » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Suhweet!

Nikao is coming!

Thanks Dom for throwing this together, I got 5 guys who haven't played in years to get off work and commit to Dec. 7th (before all the drama)... so I really appreciate the effort to put on a great game!

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:53 pm

If all goes well the Nabholz Trio shall make an appearance.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Ha, Steevo playing airsoft? I'll believe it when I see it.
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:52 am

I'm making/redoing/building/elbow greasing an AK for just this type of game.

Eastern Bloccccccccc

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Final exams are the week after this
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Airsoft>finals. Study the week before.
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Romba wrote:Ha, Steevo playing airsoft? I'll believe it when I see it.

me to david but then again i will probally pass out if i see steveo there
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

Ghost141
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Ghost141 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm

I'll be there
Operation Detachment Alpha - 3871[

Vet of
Red Fox 03/02/2013
SQA: Mission: DOUBLE CROSS 03/16/2013
Blackwater 04/06/2013
TDC2: SC vs GA 04/27/2013- 04/28/2013
Op: Comet Drop 07/18/2013

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 am

Ryan Granger (rangergranger) and myself will be running Alpha Faction, and we'll be sniping the hell out of everyone.

And I shimmed my L96 hop up, put that with an EDGI 6.01mm barrel and a PPS Aluminum Hop Up arm..........................

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Got the OK from the boss lady today so I'll definitely be there.