11:15 - round 2
1215 - lunch break
02:00 - round 3
03:00 - switch sides
03:15 - round 4
04:15 - switch sides
04:30 - round 5
05:30 - score tally

I would also make a note encouraging people to bring ammunition on the field with them to sustain 2-3 hours of heavy combat. These times are subject to change.

Game mechanics:

-All bases have been linked in a linear “chain” of bases. Each base marked is an objective, but must be captured by taking one base at a time in a specific order.
- Each team will take turns attacking and defending each base for a set amount of time before being pushed back to a previous base, or advancing to the next base.
- Hint: Think tug-of-war airsoft.
- A coin will be flipped at the start of the game to determine who attacks first.
- The attacking team will have 5 minutes to capture the defenders base.
- If the defenders keep the attackers at least 10 feet from the capture point for the 5 minutes, they become the attackers and the now defending team must fall back to defend the previous base.
- If the attackers get a player within 10 feet of the capture point, it automatically captures the point and puts their team on the defensive for the point they captured and the clock is reset to 5 minutes.

There will be, at minimum, three admins on duty at all times during this event. One Admin will be stationed at the contested base; the other two will be at each teams respective re-spawn points.
For the majority of the time, your re-spawn will be at a known base location, however, there are a few instances where you will be re-spawning closer to the contested base to make it an even fight.
Admins will alert the players to a change in the base capture status; as well as get players to fall back to defend when a point is captured or defended.
After a base is defended for 5 minutes, the team who successfully defended must gather their forces at the captured base and hold off attack for 60 seconds until beginning an attack on the next base.
These 60 seconds give the now defending team, time to prepare, and the now attacking team time to gather troops. The 5 minute defend timer will begin after the 60 second pause.

This will be a very fast paced game play with non-stop action on one objective at a time.
The round is over if a team pushes the other all the way to the end of the chain of bases, or after an hour of fighting. Each time a base is defended successfully for 5 minutes, a point is given to that team.

Rules:
-Thirty second heal, max two consecutive heals, all friendlies are medics
-Mandatory three minute bleed out
-For this game, Alpha will have channel 2, and Bravo will have channel 3. This is to allow admins to alert both teams quickly of base capture status and orders to fall back or advance to the next base.
-Remember, if at any time you have a question, use channel 1.
-Deadrags required (it's been a rule for some time, there's no excuse)
-All AOSC rules apply (They can be found here: Click Here )
-Bring a radio or you won't know what is going on
-Dress for one faction or the other per the rules, you mix faction camo, you don't play (Black with green is NOT OK, etc.)
-If you have both sets of camouflage, BRING THEM BOTH! It will be important to balance players in this game type.
-Channel 1 is for admin, call me on channel 1 if you have any problems or questions at any time.
-Stay hydrated! Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can become dehydrated.
-AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather.

Waiver:
If you are UNDER 18 years of age and will not have a parent or legal guardian with you at registration to sign, have them sign one now and bring it with you:
PDF File
Word File

Important Reminders:
-If you show up after we have begun play, call me on channel 1. It is NOT OK for you to take the field without having registered and chronographed with me first.
-You need to be IN LINE for Chrono and Registration BEFORE 0900. That means you need to show up at 0800, or 0830 at the very latest.
-Mixing tops and bottoms of cloths of different faction colors is NOT OK. It is a violation of the rules and you will be required to change.
-Camping is allowed Friday night. Make sure fires are extremely well contained and supervised by an adult at all times. Be respectful of others in the vicinity in regards to noise, etc. An outhouse will be on site.

[align=center]Image[/align]

specter
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Sat. Feb 15th @ Airfarm

Post by specter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:29 pm

I'll make it.

Also, will there be a scenario or will it be a casual skirmish? Taking it easy would be nice for a change.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:36 pm

OP Updated with more info and pictures.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Were the lines on that map drawn with a potato?
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Romba

Post by Romba » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Drawn on a touchscreen phone using a potato as a stylus.

Sent from my underground bunker using Tapatalk
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

specter

Post by specter » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:05 pm

I was hoping to be able to use my buggy. Looks like it might be slightly overpowered. Would it be allowed if I lended out my AT launcher?

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by shadowhawk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Looks like a great game. Question, if a team fights the other side back to there first base what will happen and where will the teams start?
God will judge my enemies, well arrange the meeting.

mives
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mives » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:35 pm

@Romba: Bingo ;)

@specter: If it isn't too much of a bother bringing the buggy and launcher without a guarantee it'll play, I could give you a 75% chance that we would totally use it. I'll get back to you on that.

@shadowhawk: Good question. If a team is pressed all the way to the end of a chain of bases, their spawn will be in roughly the opposite direction of the opposing teams spawn and will be represented by an admin.
Example: Base 1 is contested; BlueFor will spawn at base 12 to attack, while RedFor will spawn at an admin to the NE up the road from base 1.
Example: Base 2 is contested; RedFor will spawn at base 6 to attack, while BlueFor will spawn at an admin close to base 7.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Printing out a copy of the map and/or game mechanics will help you tremendously in this game.
I will have a limited number of maps at the start of the game, but lets face it. I don't have a printing press in my apartment. Only an HP printer.

The base defense time is subject to change!
More intel to follow...
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton

specter

Post by specter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Will this game be postponed due to weather? They're calling for a good bit and it could cause a lot of potential players to not make it.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Star_folder wrote: -AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather.
But that being said, don't be stupid. If the roads are dangerous, don't show up. Stay at home, wait for another game. There's an SQA game on the 22nd, and PBC on the 1st.

Last year about this time, we had an Airfarm game that was snowing, sleeting, hailing, and raining. It was horrible, miserable, but the game still went on.

Iam_Hoss
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Iam_Hoss » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Star_folder wrote:
Star_folder wrote: -AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather.
But that being said, don't be stupid. If the roads are dangerous, don't show up. Stay at home, wait for another game. There's an SQA game on the 22nd, and PBC on the 1st.

Last year about this time, we had an Airfarm game that was snowing, sleeting, hailing, and raining. It was horrible, miserable, but the game still went on.
What do you mean miserable? That game was epic!!!!! Dominum, myself and I can't remember third person were set up in the creak for an ambush as bravo was heading right towards us and then the hail came down and then bravo retreated off the field as apparently they can melt if they get wet.
The last game I attended was- Op Iron Marches
Polarstar refills here- HPA REFILLS
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba

Sat. Feb 15th @ Airfarm

Post by Romba » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Iam_Hoss wrote:bravo retreated off the field as apparently they can melt if they get wet.

I beg to differ.

I don't think you were there, but Dom's last OP at RR. It rained like crazy. The only bravo that left the field were Ajax.

EDIT: Point being, bravo don't melt, they just don't want to soak their Cryes.

Sent from my underground bunker using Tapatalk
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Um, I'm pretty sure there is zero weather forecast for Saturday.

As in, 50° and sunny. ... Any so called "weather" will be long gone by then.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 am

Friday also has a high of 50. Everything should be melted by Saturday.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 am

Romba wrote:The only bravo that left the field were Ajax.
I had someplace to be. Can't speak for the rest of em. :P
There's no kill switch on awesome!