I love forums!
I love forums!

RedFox Game March 29th

Post by Iam_Hoss » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Redfox Game Day
Directions: Google Maps
Address: 1348 State Road S-42-195
Woodruff, SC 29388

The field owner REQUIRES all players to wear FULL SEAL eye protection, period. DO NOT attempt to wear shooting glasses or any other form of eye protection that is not fully sealed around all seams at this field.

Saturday, March 29th
0800: Registration and Chrono open (Field fee is $20)
0900: Safety Briefing begins (If you get in line for Registration or Chrono after 0900, the field fee is $25)
0915: Game start
12:30: Lunch Break
1:30 game Play resumes
17:30 Game Ends

-No medic heals inside buildings/mostly enclosed structures
-Thirty second heal, max two consecutive heals, all friendlies are medics
-Mandatory three minute bleed out
-Bravo has odd channels, Alpha has even (as always, no going on enemy channels)
-Deadrags required (it's been a rule for some time, there's no excuse)
-Standard AOSC rules that apply:
Click Here
-Bring a radio or you won't know what is going on
-Dress for one faction or the other per the rules, you mix faction camo, you don't play (Black with green is NOT OK, etc.)
-Bring a change in case of unbalanced faction numbers
-Channel 1 is for admin, call me on channel 1 if you have any problems or questions at any time
-Stay hydrated!
-I highly recommend bringing a sidearm with no MED so you can clear buildings
-AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather

Waiver:
If you are UNDER 18 years of age and will not have a parent or legal guardian with you at registration to sign, have them sign one now and bring it with you:
PDF File
Word File

Expect fast paced objective based scenarios all day long, there will be action aplenty. Suggestions for short scenarios for each field are welcomed, PM me.

Important Reminders:

-If you show up after we have begun play, wait in the parking lot for the lunch break. It is NOT OK for you to take the field without having registered and chronographed with me first. If you're late, I know it sucks, but you still have to follow the rules. We have had a problem with late arrivals taking the field of their own accord at this field before, and I am cracking down on it.

-You need to be IN LINE for Chrono and Registration BEFORE 0900. That means you need to show up at 0800, or 0830 at the very latest. Otherwise, you forfeit $5 and possibly hold up the game for everyone else.

-Mixing tops and bottoms of cloths of different faction colors is NOT OK. It is a violation of the rules and you will be required to change.

Per the field owner: NO disposable containers (water bottles, etc.) are allowed past the parking lot. Use camelbacks or canteens.
The last game I attended was- Op Iron Marches
Polarstar refills here- HPA REFILLS
[align=center]V[/align]

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: RedFox Game March 29th

Post by jsts ghost » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 pm

I should be out, with some of my guys. Bringing both sets of camo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Several from our squad will be there. Looking forward to it, our last game was Irene so we may be a little rusty. This winter has been rough on us.
Canebrake Militia.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

specter
I do in fact have a life.

Post by specter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Can't go wrong with red fox.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Throwing it out there ahead of time (even though forum users aren't likely the ones to be offending this rule). Please pass word on to your less forum lively and more rule disobeying types of friends:

I will be enacting a zero tolerance policy on removal of eye-pro on a live field. This weekend I was in a firefight, got hit, and was waiting around for a medic when I noticed one of the players I had been firing upon had his full facemask (with mesh eye cover IIRC) resting on top of his head. Apparently he had taken it off while he was sitting around in a quiet part of the field, and 'forgot' to put it back on when other players and myself ambushed him and his teammates. I was completely taken aback. I gave him quite the scolding, and noticed throughout the rest of the day he was eyeing me like I had punted his dog off a bridge (which hopefully also means he didn't dare take his eye-pro off again). Even so, looking back on it, I should have done everything in my power to make sure he was removed for the rest of the day.

Needless to say, starting now, I am willing to take myself out of the game for 30 minutes if that's what it takes to get any offenders out of play, to the admin, and removed for the day, without refund. I will linger and argue until I am ensured they are being removed from the field. Most any airsoft gun can take out an eye, and most of (my guns in particular) are easily capable of taking out an eye at a very long range. I would rather be an asshole that kicked someone off a field than the one who pulled the trigger that inflicted that kind of damage.

I encourage other long time AOSC members to start this policy as well. The problem is it takes a very determined attitude going into the day that you will be a complete jerk to someone in this way. The player base has gotten very sloppy on this lately, and we're only a few weeks away from the time of year that cheap eye-pro fogs constantly. The only way that will change is if word starts going around that people are being removed from the field.

TL;DR: Don't you dare remove your eye-pro. Tell your friends before I make an example out of them.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:00 pm

For those of you worrying that Luke is stepping out of bounds, I'm backing him 100%. There have been many issues lately with people taking off their eye pro. I realize at this point, the people who visit the forums are mostly long time members, and this message isn't for you, not directly. Instead, be eyes and ears, if someone isn't wearing eye pro *on purpose*, they need to be removed from the game for their own safety, much less the legal issues that may happen.

Don't take your eye pro off on the field.

Or else.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Rule 10 states: "If at any time a player removes his or her eye protection in the field of play while a game is in progress, they will be immediately ejected without a refund. There is no exception no matter how far away you think you are from the action, even if you are at your respawn."
This has been posted for some time and there is precedent to remove a player from the field. Safety is not something to be trifled with.

[align=center]V[/align]

cyboman
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by cyboman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Never played here. Is there a link where I can see some pics/vids of the playing field?

Thanks

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Redfox is a very established field. You should be able to find pictures by search here, or google. They do have a website.

specter

Post by specter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:20 pm

cyboman wrote:Never played here. Is there a link where I can see some pics/vids of the playing field?

Thanks
It's a nice place man, just look at my signature. You see all those red fox games? I wouldn't be there if I didn't enjoy it. Take it as a sign.

Iam_Hoss
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Iam_Hoss » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 pm

http://imgur.com/a/M3N1hHere are pics from a game in January.
The last game I attended was- Op Iron Marches
Polarstar refills here- HPA REFILLS
[align=center]V[/align]

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 pm

On the Eyepro topic: I was shot in the eye at one of the last games played by the SCAA at Saluda. The rules were full seal for the younger guys and " Safety Glasses" for those over 18. The bbs hit my cheek and bounced into my eyeball. I was blind in my left eye for about a week and it cost me over $2000.00 in lost time at work and doctor bills. Thankfully my eye healed fine but it could have been a lot worse. I won't go on a field without my Revision goggles now. Wear full seal eyepro. It's no joke.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 am

I have not heard anything from Augusta National, so I assume I won't have job training next weekend, but we are fully planning to attend and bring our usual big group to this game.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

specter

Post by specter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:36 pm

marpat96 wrote:I have not heard anything from Augusta National, so I assume I won't have job training next weekend, but we are fully planning to attend and bring our usual big group to this game.
Sweg

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 pm

I'll be there.

There is a proven formula for dealing with eyepro problems. At a RF game a few months back we had issues with people removing eyepro during the first 'match' of the day down at Marine Firebase, so I announced that I would be hunting for people without eyepro, and they'd be standing next to Marauder (Admin) and not playing. I put on a deadrag and roamed around for 30-40 minutes or so. After that, we had no eyepro problems the rest of the day... zero. All it takes is one person to actively enforce it, when people know there really are consequences, they modify their behavior.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]