April 10th at Wellford

Information about past games.
splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: April 10th at Wellford

Post by splatmaster » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 pm

cantttype wrote: I made no mention of charges.  
He said, "I thought wellford was no more."
I responded, "That was never the case."

As far as documentation, it will probably be a year or so.  The wheels of justice turn slowly.  
How many times did you play there in the past 3 yrs?
Once, not at any of your games.
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I think one thing that should be mentioned is that the field owner was not charged with anything, only his son was charged. Imagine riding in a buddies' car and getting pulled over. Your buddy has a stash of weed in the glove compartment you had no knowledge of. You both get arrested, mugshots taken, etc, but it's possible (however unlikely) that only your buddy will get charged.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Pieman
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Pieman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Darn was looking forward to BH... I'm afraid i don't have a good CQB weapon. Would  I get shot up using a GBB M93?
KWA M16 SR-12 (DMR)
KWA M93RII
G&G GR16

82dcustomer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 82dcustomer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm

SteevoLS wrote: I think one thing that should be mentioned is that the field owner was not charged with anything, only his son was charged. Imagine riding in a buddies' car and getting pulled over. Your buddy has a stash of weed in the glove compartment you had no knowledge of. You both get arrested, mugshots taken, etc, but it's possible (however unlikely) that only your buddy will get charged.
Where is that info coming from?  The only thing I have been able to find on it is two sources and both indicate all three people were arrested and charged.  If there is any information to the contrary post it up.  I am not on a witch hunt to shut down a field, but I do want it safe and legal for the minors that play this game.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100123/ARTICLES/1231024
http://www.wyff4.com/news/22316987/detail.html

D.Smitty
I do in fact have a life.

Post by D.Smitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Pieman wrote: Darn was looking forward to BH... I'm afraid i don't have a good CQB weapon. Would  I get shot up using a GBB M93?
Having been to Wellford, no matter what gun you have, you WILL get shot up.  It's simply too small to hide anywhere for any real length of time, since anybody you kill will know where you are at and respawn and be back for more within 5 minutes.

I have seen players use only pistols at Wellford before, and it's worked.  Obviously not as well as an MP5 or MP7, since you can't carry that much ammo, but it can be done.  Consider it training in ammo conservation and get out there! (or rent one of the MP5s they have)
We all started doing what we love somewhere...

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:26 pm

82dcustomer wrote: Where is that info coming from?  The only thing I have been able to find on it is two sources and both indicate all three people were arrested and charged.  If there is any information to the contrary post it up.  I am not on a witch hunt to shut down a field, but I do want it safe and legal for the minors that play this game.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100123/ARTICLES/1231024
http://www.wyff4.com/news/22316987/detail.html
Assuming that information is correct (which it would have no reason not to be) then mine was incorrect. I got it second-hand or third-hand through a phone call. There is definitely some room for error on my end.

Travis, could you elaborate on the current state of Putnam, etc, to avoid future confusion?

jgattis
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by jgattis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I hope no neighbors see the "people in camo w/assult weapons" in the area and call the police.  Could turn out to be ugly if they just had a raid there.  Everyone be carefull.
VFC Full Metal Combat Master SR15-E3
SOCOM Novak NeXt two-tone 1911

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:19 pm

It's set back from the road, has airsoft signs, and is inside a fenced area. There's never been an issue, and I'd doubt there will be.

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 pm

...and there's not any houses right by it anyway.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't see the police or any law enforcement division becoming a problem.

jgattis
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by jgattis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

i wish it were closer so I could make a day trip.  Blue hole was 5 min away from me.
VFC Full Metal Combat Master SR15-E3
SOCOM Novak NeXt two-tone 1911

Rael
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Rael » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:56 am

eb313 wrote: So I have read the rules and did not see anything about being a wember of the A.O.S.C.. since it is an A.S.O.C. sanctioned game do we have to be a member and how do you do become one?
Send $500 (cash only)to:
Rael
PO Box 151515
Columbia, SC 29224

....and quit whining about Putnam getting popped. Just remember to leave the kids at home and bring your pipes!!

:P
Last edited by Rael on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.O.A.T. MF'er Emeritas

Never pick a fight with an old man.
If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

cantttype
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by cantttype » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:55 pm

jgattis wrote: I hope no neighbors see the "people in camo w/assult weapons" in the area and call the police.  Could turn out to be ugly if they just had a raid there.  Everyone be carefull.
I guess you are ignorant to the fact that games have been going on there for the past few years...  
SteevoLS wrote: Assuming that information is correct (which it would have no reason not to be) then mine was incorrect. I got it second-hand or third-hand through a phone call. There is definitely some room for error on my end.

Travis, could you elaborate on the current state of Putnam, etc, to avoid future confusion?
In the instance you mentioned you both would be charged with drug possesion and the court would decide given the evidence who was responsible for the weed and hand out convictions.  

We live in America right?  Innocent until proven guilty.  Apparently, there was sufficient evidence to release them, and they still maintain control of the  property.  Do you think the police would give them back control of the property is they suspected the land owners??  

Also, think about what those 2 sources have in common...  The are news outlets.  Everything is exacerbated(big word of the day; look it up!) in the news.  How many times has Channel 7 had a headline telling you that carrots cure cancer; or drinking whine could make you live 30 more years.

The long and short of it is.  If you want to come out and have a good time playing airsoft then be sure to come out.  4 hours in CQB will provide you with more action then an all day OP at Saluda, unless you just like walking up and  down hills to spawn points and looking for all the other players for the majority of your time.  Spend a half day at Wellford then take your girl out for a nice dinner, or get your right hand a massage, or play all day...if you can last.   ;)

FYI: Wellford is "Rael-soft" friendly most of the field will accomodate a hoverround. I will also have those tactical headsets for your Jitterbug you have been asking me about. :P
Last edited by cantttype on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img width=700 height=131]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161 ... banner.jpg[/img]
How do I get to the Wellford field? Check the website below.
http://airsoftsc.webs.com/contact.htm

Want to schedule a game? Ask me how.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 pm

That'll do pig, that'll do. :)

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 pm

I think the proper term for that is "exaggerate," Travis, making it seem like more than it is.

When you exacerbate something, it's like egging it on or making it more severe.  Not quite the same thing. ;)

And since I'll be expecting yet another neg-rep for this anyway--you really seem to enjoy handing them out--I'll go ahead and tell you that you might want to get that priapasm you've got for Wellford checked out.  Really... there's no need to give people who haven't played there shit for not knowing about it (or events associated with it), or to advertise it in other people's game threads.

And just so we're clear, and so you don't have to feel like a moron for pointing out that this is a Wellford game thread--trust me, I am well aware--I'm talking about OTHER game threads.  Like a certain Saluda game thread.  Or a certain Blue Hole game thread.

Anyhoo, have fun, guys, hope this game is a blast for ya.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]