!!!Blue Hole!!! - Operation Guardian - June 18-19

Information about past games.
Raymondj
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: !!!Blue Hole!!! - Operation Guardian - June 18-19

Post by Raymondj » Tue May 03, 2011 6:18 pm

WAR will be there i cant wait this field is everything great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

123bridges
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by 123bridges » Tue May 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Alright glad to hear! I Know you wont regret coming. l am very excited about this game, and I think everybody will have an awesome time. Now, we need to figure out some things, how many of you are going to be rolling alpha? Also, one of you from alpha will need to be the team leader. Known as Rashad Majhed.

Trig
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Trig » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

BLUE-HOLE!!!!!!!! I've been waiting to play here again for a year. Can't wait, haven't decided on camo yet.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Interesting, very interesting. Would you chaps who have played at Blue Hole previously consider this to be a "tank"-friendly venue?
We'd still have to stay on the roads/trails though, naturally.
The little golf cart based one from GA (i.e. The Delimitation Conflict) might like to come try a new venue, this time in support of at least some of their fellow SC players. ^-^
Last edited by fallout11 on Fri May 06, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri May 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Ummmm..... I'd be a little bit antsy about a tank out there. It's hard enough to get around in a truck, much less a golf cart.

That having been said, it's up to the field owner/agent who should see this post before too long.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Roger, I'll take your word for it unless we see something posted to the contrary. Most quarries are, well, not exactly smooth and level, so I thought I'd inquire before driving. Thanks Steevo.

An Octopus
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by An Octopus » Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Ohh god... the tank O_O
ImagePH2 Vet. , Op. Guardian Vet.

darklupis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by darklupis » Fri May 06, 2011 5:23 pm

noooooooo tannnnkkkkkk! <shivers in corner>

wait, are you going to be alpha or bravo? 8-)

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 pm

How about Alpha on day one, and Bravo on day two? At least, that is what I was thinking.....that, or helping whoever was outnumbered come game day.
I'm happy (or sorry? lol) it made such an impression previously. ;D
The Afghanistan-like terrain shown in the photos is inspiring.

stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by stuckmojo » Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

you could maneuver around a bit. i have rear wheel drive on my truck and have driven most of the field. then again i havnt been there in a year so i dont know how much has washed out

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks Stuckmojo, so I won't cross it off just yet. Some of the roads at the Aircross field were pretty mucky at TDC (rain, etc) but we got through okay. I've worked on improving the low end torque since then as well, as that was our first real experience with sloped terrain as well (it's pretty flat the other places I've taken it so far) and discovered I needed better hill climbing ability. It doesn't weigh enough to get stuck, typically, but ground clearance might still be an issue. I'll keep this event in mind and wait to hear back from the organizer/field owner.

Smoaks
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Smoaks » Sat May 07, 2011 3:53 pm

As much as I feared and hated to see that tank coming towards me I do have to agree it was one hell of a weapon. In saying that I was part of a 4 wheeler club for a few years there at the Blue Hole. As long as you don't try to go through the mud holes then there shouldn't be any problem with getting around. Most of the trails are wide enough to get a truck through there. Some are a lil more narrower. Like mojo said, when we go out there to play I drive my truck right up to the middle of the field and all around it. Also I am curious on how the tank's gun operated, if you would like to share that info. I'll go down there some time this week and take some pics of the more recent terrain since it has changed a lot since most have seen it a year ago.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Honestly I think the ground clearance would have to be higher. I agree a truck is no problem, but I don't see that club car making it up the hills. If you do bring it (since it's worth a shot after all) make sure that your "walker" keeps to the front and helps you avoid drops, It wouldn't be too difficult to make a wrong turn right off a cliff if you aren't careful (since the visibility and height are less than a truck and you would have a harder time seeing those sorts of things until you were right up on them).
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

123bridges
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by 123bridges » Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Very true, the only constant is change when it comes to the terrain at Blue Hole. Although, it is worth a shot, looking forward to seeing you and you're tank out there!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:31 am

As out of state guests we play at the discretion of AOSC and the event organizer/field owner, but I think we'd be okay provided we stayed on the "easy" areas (i.e. off the slopes and hilltops). This type of terrain (craggy, rocky, gully strewn) tends to give even real armor fits (funnels movement, not enough elevation on weapons, natural choke points, plenty of "higher ground" for ambush from cover, etc), and as such makes for a good simulation of what went wrong for the Soviet mechanized forces in Afghanistan. I'm looking forward to facing it and will be necessarily cautious. ;)

We have an infantry detachment interested in attending as well, they inquired as to "which side needs more bodies?"