Fulda Gap 2012 FPS New Rules

Information about past games.
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fulda Gap 2012 FPS New Rules

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah, I saw the surrender rule, but that's not a MED since it says you can still shoot people under it if they don't surrender. I can't imagine anyone will be accepting my call for a surrender under twenty feet unless I have the drop on them, and in most cases people do not. There is nothing precluding anyone from shooting people as close as they want, provided they say "surrender". I'm still not sure where he's getting that weight from, but last year they didn't require any specific weight when I went to chrono either, and I can't find it actually listed anywhere in the official rules still. I did see the thing about special approval for anything over 400 FPS being required, etc.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm

They made me chrono with .25g's last year (late Friday PM), this was memorable since I don't normally use them (I have old TM's shooting .23g's) and had to "rustle up" some from a friend just for chrono. None of my guns even come close to the limit, so it hardly mattered.
I agree with you regarding the surrender/Med/No-med situation though, and honestly I wouldn't even try it, just aim low and shoot for their legs/feet or something instead. Standard SOP for me.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, I am used to carrying a 0' MED pistol and instinctively switch to it for close shots anyways, so I'll do that to be courteous regardless. I don't plan to be yelling out "surrender" with my pistols though, unless I have the drop on someone, that would just be dumb. I am not too keen on being shot by other people with their 400 FPS AEGs that close, but I'll just have to shoot them first. Last year I chronoed Saturday morning, I don't remember what time, but they just said to point my gun through the chrono and shoot. That's it. I did have .25s in it anyway. They also didn't chrono my sidearm, I offered to chrono it, and they said it was fine. Had it been a hard shooting CO2 one, that would be bad. Anyway, I'm not trying to make a fuss or anything, just full disclosure that I read through all their rules, and some of the stuff people have said simply aren't in them. I intend to have a very fun weekend regardless.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Yep, that's a good attitude to have on the matter.
Flip side, I think their tank rules are ridiculously excessive (25 pages long) and hence I am leaving it at home this year.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Good lord, and here I thought I over did it with rules sometimes.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Nope, you guys have clear, concise, easy to understand rules.

Matthews
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Matthews » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:09 am

Haha..... Surrender Rule! Yeah right... like I'd give them a chance to think about it. That is so dumb, besides, there are no prisoners in paintsoft so whats the point?

20 feet, Dounle Tap, You go respawn!
If you come within my 20 foot MED then you aggressively put yourself there, and you're still getting shot.

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Its a whole lot safer to put a bb in somebodys plate carrier than it is to start yelling at a 14 year old with a itchy trigger finger. That act alone seems to cut down on the arguing.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm

I agree.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:29 am

same here. can't wait to see how this will play out. even though, there will be a few who will try to sneak out of that rule

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 am

Turns out it wasn't even enforced because they did not chrono with .25's. They told you to use whatever bb you were going to use in the game so anyone could have been dishonest and used .43's if they really wanted to.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am

I know there were guns out there shooting hotter than 400 with a .25.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

TokenTech89

Post by TokenTech89 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 pm

if i had known, i could have ran an full auto DMR, they really need to work on that

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Our group overheard multiple other groups stating that they did exactly that. The enforcement of most rules, and the refs in general, were a joke. Not that I was surprised of course.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 pm

I heard the same thing at chrono. Some dingaling was telling another kid to put 30's in his mags and get the gun in with that. He was saying bb weight did not matter, it was only about velocity. NARF!! It's a little aggravating when you play by the rules and everyone and their brother breaks them. Thats OK though, I just made sure my shemagh was up all the time in case I ran into a hot gun. IMHO, AOSC does it right by providing bb's to chrono with.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia