OP24V End Game - Airfarm - Nov 16th 17th

Information about past games.

Which faction will you be attending as?

OWG - Dress code will consist of all military styles. BDU, ACU, Marpat, Tiger Stripe, and so on. Tops and bottoms must match. NO solid color shirts or contractor loadouts.
40%
MILITIA - Dress code will be contractor loadouts, civilian, real tree or hunting camo. You can even get crazy with a mad max loadout. NO military type clothing allowed.
60%

Total votes: 50

qnkz
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: OP24V End Game - Airfarm - Nov 16th 17th

Post by qnkz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 am

It's something that myself and a couple guys have been wanting to do for a while now. Looking forward to the challenge.

ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.

Re: OP24V End Game - Airfarm - Nov 9th

Post by ibeezthecapn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm

BlackFox205 wrote:I will be playing for Tan faction as I have a Multicam Kit.
all camo is on the OWG side, the militia is realtree, jeans, hunters, whatever else + contractors.

"OWG - Dress code will consist of all military styles. BDU, ACU, Marpat, Tiger Stripe, and so on. Tops and bottoms must match. NO solid color shirts or contractor loadouts. HQ will be at base 1, located at D-4.

MILITIA - Dress code will be contractor loadouts, civilian, real tree or hunting camo. You can even get crazy with a mad max loadout. NO military type clothing allowed."
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

specter

Post by specter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:39 am

Dominum wrote:It's official: For those of you who bring vehicles and speed, you'll be done with the vehicle for the rest of the event immediately. I will be watching out for this.
What's the limit? It would be a shame not to know and be pulled out because of this.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

specter

Post by specter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:42 am

Also, will people be allowed to "Shoot us out" of tanks? BB's actually do a lot of damage to the skin of our tank which is quite expensive. I would prefer that only AT can take us out.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 pm

AT only can take down a tank

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:37 pm

nightSky wrote:Haven't been to an AOSC sanctioned game in close to 2years. II'll be putting serious thought into attending this one. Did OP24:II and that was great.
Cold burning smoke grenades permitted?

wow got old players from team usa and team fsa from back in the day...this is going to be awesome. brings back old memories. team fsa cut their teeth at op24 2 it will be nice to see some of you guys again...just dont bring that dam canadian with you :evil:

for you new players to the aosc this is a great game to come to that will challenge you physically and mentally. some of the best games ever in the aosc was op 24 I and II. seeing that this will be the last one that garrett runs, i know he is going all out for this so we need people to turn out for this game. op 24 is only fun when we have the numbers to successfully run it. i know that a big group of ga players are coming up includeing the black poison guys so come on out aosc and support your local games...believe me it will be well worth it. i know i cant wait
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

specter

Post by specter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm

GARRETT wrote:AT only can take down a tank
Please make it clear that my tank was very expensive and difficult to make and that if they think it's a good idea to excessively shoot at me I will chase them down, and my trigger WILL get "stuck"

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 pm

specter wrote:
Please make it clear that my tank was very expensive and difficult to make and that if they think it's a good idea to excessively shoot at me I will chase them down, and my trigger WILL get "stuck"
If you don't want potential damage to your tank, perhaps you shouldn't bring it to an airsoft game.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:28 am

specter wrote:
Unfortunately, no matter how much you ask, people still shoot at the tanks. It's human nature to shoot the big scary indestructible thing or run away from it. We see both reactions quite often.

I find it particularly hilarious when you ride up into a bunker complex, nobody has AT, and they all start to take cover and make some sort of last stand against the tank. It's like Russian WWII combat tactics all over again!

Anyways though, the tank will be shot at least once or twice. That's the whole reason we went with expensive Lexan windows instead of plexiglass. There's no logical reason to shoot at the tank, but it's gonna happen. Plus, it kinda adds a little bit of "flavor" to the game when a couple hundred bb's start pelting the windows.

You could do the some thing we did and us lightweight plywood or particle board. Of course, then you'll really enjoy your oven!

specter

Post by specter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 am

Black Poison Airsoft wrote:
specter wrote:
Unfortunately, no matter how much you ask, people still shoot at the tanks. It's human nature to shoot the big scary indestructible thing or run away from it. We see both reactions quite often.

I find it particularly hilarious when you ride up into a bunker complex, nobody has AT, and they all start to take cover and make some sort of last stand against the tank. It's like Russian WWII combat tactics all over again!

Anyways though, the tank will be shot at least once or twice. That's the whole reason we went with expensive Lexan windows instead of plexiglass. There's no logical reason to shoot at the tank, but it's gonna happen. Plus, it kinda adds a little bit of "flavor" to the game when a couple hundred bb's start pelting the windows.

You could do the some thing we did and us lightweight plywood or particle board. Of course, then you'll really enjoy your oven!
We use mesh for the sides, which is the expensive part. I'm ok with a little fear shooting, but when a guy conciously decides to be an asshole and try to shoot through the mesh with his LMG, that's where we're going to have a problem. Anyway, I'll usually spare the guys who are just hiding out of fear. If you shoot, we shoot. If you shoot a lot, we'll teach you how to dance.

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 pm

specter wrote:Also, will people be allowed to "Shoot us out" of tanks? BB's actually do a lot of damage to the skin of our tank which is quite expensive. I would prefer that only AT can take us out.
Garret Mentioned tanks can be killed by AT. can the folks DRIVING the tank be shot?
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 pm

ibeezthecapn wrote:
specter wrote:Also, will people be allowed to "Shoot us out" of tanks? BB's actually do a lot of damage to the skin of our tank which is quite expensive. I would prefer that only AT can take us out.
Garret Mentioned tanks can be killed by AT. can the folks DRIVING the tank be shot?
In all the games we've ever played, driver is off limits. Also the crew is off limits as far as small cracks and such goes. The only time a crew member is killable is if a door is open or they're out of a hatch or otherwise exposing themselves.

At least, that's how most of the games we've been at have functioned.

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:40 pm

specter wrote:We use mesh for the sides, which is the expensive part. I'm ok with a little fear shooting, but when a guy conciously decides to be an asshole and try to shoot through the mesh with his LMG, that's where we're going to have a problem. Anyway, I'll usually spare the guys who are just hiding out of fear. If you shoot, we shoot. If you shoot a lot, we'll teach you how to dance.
We just shoot everyone honestly. If you're hiding behind a bunker, we'll pull up beside you and try to get you to give up, but we keep 0 MED's for that as well. ;D

I do however feel that shooting at tanks does have strategic value to a point. It's disorienting to the crew and makes things much more tense. It also focuses attention on a few select targets, allowing the rest to get away.

Regardless of how much you ask not to, people are gonna shoot it quite a bit, so I'd look at getting it bb proof in someway or another. Use a thick tarp instead of canvas and put some holes in some Lexan glass and the canvas to lace the two together. Bbs aren't gonna get through tarp, and we've tested Lexan. (Don't use plexiglass, it shatters.)

specter

Post by specter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:44 pm

At TDC2 some retard decided to come and try to rip the side off of the drivers side so needless to say he got a nice face full of .2's and had the nerve to threaten to call the ref about it. Like, 10 feet man. And its not our fault you tried to rush us. Poor guy. I never knew 260fps could make you bleed like that.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I could ask everyone to not shoot at your tanks, but they will do it anyway. Heck at times I have shot at them to try and distract them away from another area for one reason or another. As mentioned above by BP, the driver is always off limits. He is really considered part of the vehicle unless he gets out of it. No one is allowed to touch a tank during game play except when entering or exiting, or unless it is shut down. If the vehicle has doors, players inside may be shot through the doorways if it is open. But please be mindful of players exiting who may already be hit.