!!!Blue Hole!!! - Operation Guardian - June 18-19

Information about past games.
xyzpdq0121
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: !!!Blue Hole!!! - Operation Guardian - June 18-19

Post by xyzpdq0121 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 am

Yep, Andrew is on Team AARP... He is a proud patch wearing member.... We have all the good old guys. Well except for you and Poop.. ;)

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:10 am

Very good, look forward to playing with you guys again.

SpyderTC
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by SpyderTC » Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Just found out that I will be able to make this one!!! my first time at Blue Hole is sure to be a good one.

darklupis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by darklupis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 pm

My son and I will be there in bravo for the 18th. I'm probably only going to play a few hours, thinking of bring my camera gear and shooting the rest of the game!

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 pm

What is the end time or complete time schedule? Sorry if it was posted throughout the pages already, on my phone and it would take forever to load all of that. Edit: I can't get that link to go through so can someone post up the exact address? Just like write it in a post.

GREEN NINJA
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by GREEN NINJA » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 am

blackout wrote:What is the end time or complete time schedule? Sorry if it was posted throughout the pages already, on my phone and it would take forever to load all of that. Edit: I can't get that link to go through so can someone post up the exact address? Just like write it in a post.
If I remember correctly GPS doesn't take you to the right spot...l couldn't find the address posted either...

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:48 am

I'll post it up shortly. There is no actual address, but it you use the intersection of the two roads that are near the entrance you'll be taken directly there.

Edit: 33.51536,-81.77565... the intersection of Richardsons Lake Rd and Burbage Ave
Google Maps
There's no kill switch on awesome!

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:35 pm

It doesn't look like there is a road going there, but I am assuming there is. Will the roads when you get near it be clearly labeled like "airsoft game" kinda how TDC was? That would be nice.

GREEN NINJA
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by GREEN NINJA » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:58 pm

yes, i remember now..... when you drive there look on the left side of the road for a metal swing gate you will come to the intersection right after it. Path cuts up into the woods to the top of the mountain. I would not bring any low-riding vehicles if you can avoid it....

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 pm

You can't miss it (really). Precisely at the intersection of those two roads you'll find the entrance. Look at this Street View; the sandy road on the left side with the blurred out sign is the entrance.

Street View
There's no kill switch on awesome!

stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by stuckmojo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 pm

SteevoLS wrote:You can't miss it (really). Precisely at the intersection of those two roads you'll find the entrance. Look at this Street View; the sandy road on the left side with the blurred out sign is the entrance.

Street View

stephen is right you cant miss it if you goto the intersection of those 2 roads and that intersection does come up on both tom tom gps and garmin gps. i have garmin and all 4 times i have been at this field it took me right there.

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 pm

GREEN NINJA wrote:yes, i remember now..... when you drive there look on the left side of the road for a metal swing gate you will come to the intersection right after it. Path cuts up into the woods to the top of the mountain. I would not bring any low-riding vehicles if you can avoid it....
Is a normal 4 door sedan okay?

Smoaks
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Smoaks » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:08 am

I take a mustang up there with no problems. Now if it rains before then you may have a lil bit of a problem with it being clay and very slippery. Also stevo there is a 2nd gate right after the gate that you are talking about that is a lot straighter that may be better to use. The guy that mines there uses it and keeps it very smooth. You should check in on that to see if we can use it. Just saying.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

The second entrance (partially paved) is on the west side of Richardson's Lake Road (aka State Hwy 81), just past the end of the lake on the east side of the road. You can see it really clearly in the street view, it is several hundred yards south of the entrance Steve mentioned above.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 94.49,,0,0
(Looking slightly NW from "1004 State Hwy 81.")
This entrance goes up over an incline and winds about, has quite a few pull-offs on it for parking without blocking the road.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 am

I can't stress enough how important it is to hydro out here fellas. Out in OK last week they put a hold on the game after 4 hours because of people falling out from the heat. Drinking isn't going to keep you from overheating, but will keep you from getting dehydrated. I got a little overheated in OK too and it isn't a good feeling. If you find yourself with the chills at any point let someone know, because you are already too hot if you have the chills when it's 90 out. Other than the safety tip, I think this game is going to be awesome. I can't wait to get back out to BH. Never played out there at night, but it should be a lot of fun, and a bit cooler. ;)