Fulda Gap 2013 Registration opens in 2 days (June 1st)

Information about past games.
specter
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Fulda Gap 2013 Registration opens in 2 days (June 1st)

Post by specter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Last time I heard the numbers (about a day before this post) out of 750ish players that registered, more than 500 were Warsaw. 3:1 was not a very good estimate, and I apologize. And I can be quite the team player. I just think it is slightly more productive to evade and cap unoccupied bases rather than be a part of an uphill battle at a Warsaw stronghold. And if most tanks play Warsaw as well, then I will assume the owners don't give two clumps of excriment about balancing teams, and this could be my last fulda.
Last edited by specter on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm

specter wrote:Last time I heard the numbers (about a day before this post) out of 750ish players that registered, more than 500 were Warsaw. 3:1 was not a very good estimate, and I apologize. And I can be quite the team player. I just think it is slightly more productive to evade and cap unoccupied bases rather than be a part of an uphill battle at a Warsaw stronghold. And if most tanks play Warsaw as well, then I will assume the owners don't give twio shits about balancing teams, and this could be my last fulda.

i think they ought to move folks. i'd love for an even battel that rages all weekend. as it stands itll prolly be friday - cqb then PARTY saturday oh crap all the nato is dead then PARTY and sunday will be the closest to a real airsoft battle
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm

specter wrote:Last time I heard the numbers (about a day before this post) out of 750ish players that registered, more than 500 were Warsaw. 3:1 was not a very good estimate, and I apologize. And I can be quite the team player. I just think it is slightly more productive to evade and cap unoccupied bases rather than be a part of an uphill battle at a Warsaw stronghold. And if most tanks play Warsaw as well, then I will assume the owners don't give twio shits about balancing teams, and this could be my last fulda.
We'll see come game day with day-of turn out, but I'm still thinking the ratio will still even out better. Warsaw did a lot of recruiting this year, every where we went we didn't see much if any NATO action. This is our work paying off.

Balancing my not be so easily seen, but even last year there were tweaks to the game.
Warsaw still got a lot of tanks but their interval was lengthened by a bit and NATO got a extra airstrike on Sunday.

I would really hate for them to start taking tan players and putting blue bands on them after all the promises this year to fix the camo issue. I would rather them come out and say now ACU/ABUs or (insert here) camo is now considered NATO.
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

specter

Post by specter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm

I think it would be nice for there to be no walk ons allowed. Or at least not for a team that is full. It would be smart for the field to sell camo as well. Maybe even get some better refs this year! You know, ones that stop others from firing into the DZ and enforce hit calling.

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:46 pm

specter wrote:I think it would be nice for there to be no walk ons allowed. Or at least not for a team that is full. It would be smart for the field to sell camo as well. Maybe even get some better refs this year! You know, ones that stop others from firing into the DZ and enforce hit calling.
We had a conference call where we chewed Fergs ear for about an hour on how he could improve. He might have taken it to heart because I think he found out he's not the only game in town anymore.

Ref's will be wearing numbers this year for ID purposes, if you see a ref without a number you can get on channel 1 and call it in. Refs are supposedly better/differently trained from last year. but don't take my word for it.

We brought up issues with tanks/camo/refs/medics/heals/deadzones

BUT we'll see how it goes. If the same problems persist I'll have to question going back because I'm supposed to be out there organizing players and not having to teach refs on how to do their job.
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

specter

Post by specter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Call em out. And if I get shot while in a dead zone, I'll simply not call my hits and empty my magazine. I have zero tolerance for blatant rule breaking and I will make sure anybody that I see breaking them will be called out.

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Well I go to Silver Bluff High, we're always underdogs.

NATO is picked to lose, and I'd rather walk ons with tan camo just stay on Warsaw, too much BS if they go on NATO.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)