Fulda Gap 2012 FPS New Rules

Information about past games.
Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Fulda Gap 2012 FPS New Rules

Post by Darkside6 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Fulda Gap will have a new 400fps rule for .25's this year. This is different from previous years, there will be no allowance for guns that shoot harder than 400fps with .25s. There will be sniper/ DSM allowances but they will be handed out by the Generals.
Make sure you bring a gun that will shoot inside these rules or you will be S.O.L. I just read through 14 pages of bitching on the NCAO website but to no avail, insurance rules are dictating this and Twitch and Ferg have their hands tied in this matter.
This means if you buy a new chiclone AK for the battle make sure you have it chronographed before you drive all the way to Taylorsville to find out it shoots over.
P.S. Full seal goggles (no mesh) also this year.
I know this sucks but we have to play by the rules, MAKE SURE to visit the web site to get the latest.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Edrahil
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Fulda Gap 2012 FPS New Rules

Post by Edrahil » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 am

Hate to start a flame war on AOSC in addition to the one thats going on with NCAO, but i think this is a good idea. Fulda Gap is the largest game in the SE with a lotta paintsofters, despite it being advertised like a mil-sim event. It'll make life a lot easier to know that kids with really hot guns aren't gonna be lighting my face up from 5 ft away.

JumpGunner
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by JumpGunner » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

I second that. I can see the generals playing favorites though, they may give access to thier team members but the single guy with no team, that is a genuine airsofter is out of the loop.

C Taylor
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by C Taylor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 am

so much for going to Fulda this year. I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to get an allowance for this one.

Edrahil
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Edrahil » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm

JumpGunner wrote:I second that. I can see the generals playing favorites though, they may give access to thier team members but the single guy with no team, that is a genuine airsofter is out of the loop.
They ALWAYS do that though. I feel that the only way i've been able to AT the past several years is cause ive been one of 2 or 3 on our team with an AT weapon. Despite the fact that every year for the past 4 years, either me or another guy from clemson have rocked tankers' worlds.

Edrahil
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Edrahil » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 pm

also, 400 fps for most people is perfectly reasonable. 350 fps is a good field gun. Certainly, you won't be able to hit people from 10000000+ ft away, but with the undergrowth at that field, its hard to get a clear shot at that distance anyways.

Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I get no mesh eyepro, but are mesh lower face masks acceptable?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Fulda Gap... a MilSim?

I'm disappointed I'll likely not be able to run a DMR there, but I still plan on going. It's worth it to play such a nice field and see the tanks battle each other IMO. Last year I went with an M60 and had a blast mowing down charge after charge coming over the DMZ, but I kept thinking to myself that if I had brought my PTW or one of my DMRs it would have been even more of a slaughter. The opportunity for super easy kills across that nearly open field is almost endless, people just stand around on either side of the DMZ "valley" at 250-300ft away from the other side in plain view and with no cover at all. With a DMR it's like shooting fish in a barrel, only there's about 50 fish and they replenish themselves enough so you are never bored. Oh well, I still plan on having a great time running either a field rifle or a CQBR and cleaning out all the fun trenches and structures. I'll run a lighter load out this year though, since you have to walk back to respawn every time you are hit and half the time it is up a hill or a fair distance.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Dominum wrote:Fulda Gap... a MilSim?
I'll run a lighter load out this year though, since you have to walk back to respawn every time you are hit and half the time it is up a hill or a fair distance.
Speaking of a lighter load, I've been searching for a good battlebelt and thus far nothing had stood out. It gets old running a vest just for a couple mags.

[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:31 pm

I am also considering switching to a battle belt for games like this. I am not much of a gear guy, so maybe someone more knowledgeable than I will be helpful and throw us both some good info?
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Personally I prefer hard PVC-backed belts with dedicated pads over a completely padded belt. TAG Banshee shoulder pads are great for this purpose since you can thread the belt through them and they have a grippy underside (think grip tape). A friend of mine uses one of these for real steel shooting, and it can hold a real pistol, several mags, dump pouch, and other miscellaneous pouches in place perfectly without adding extra bulk.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 am

Dom is quite correct, Fulda Gap is easily the premier SE US paintsoft event, very little "milsim" about it (aside perhaps from the tank battles).
Despite receiving an award last year this tanker will not be attending this year's Fulda Gap, as the tank rules are written by and for the local team's never-leave-CDWC's tanks and remain onerous enough to not make the 14 hour roundtrip drive worth it. But that's a personal gripe. The rest of my team have elected to attend Masher IV Vietnam-sim in LA instead the following weekend, as we've attended several Fulda's now and feel like we've gotten the general experience.
Dom, it may be old school but I still run my old Alice gear from time to time, with a pieces of USGI sleeping mat cut and taped in strategic places (just like we used to do). It's dirt cheap and period correct for Fulda, and a lot cooler to wear than any vest or even chest rig. YMMV.

Aaron
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Aaron » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Are high caps allowed at fulda gap ive heard there are some games that dont allow highcaps because they aernt realistic

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Highcaps are allowed.

CLERIC
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by CLERIC » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:42 pm

A lot of the major Oprations are goIng to those type of rules , like the Lion Claws events are the same. This maybe due to their insurance , but this should also be a reason why we should support the smaller fields and groups like the AOSC because they do give us the freedom of choice.
LUCK IS FOR LOSERS !!! YOU CAN'T LIVE FOREVER !!!! The CEREBRAL ASSASSIN

v