Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
Win
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: MilSim -vs- Airsoft

Post by Win » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Please keep in mind that you are talking about three different game types. I have not heard anyone in this thread say that you will be limited to one game type. It is great to mix the games up.
We have realmil's every other month. There are milsims every month and paintsoft on other fields. You go to the game you like.
As far as realmils it is something you ease into. We did not start off hard core right off the bat. We gave the players six months to get there gear together but during that time they got to use only one highcap. If all they had was highcaps then they only got to use one. We even found that a few weapons that there are no midcaps made for them. They still get in mission but only get one highcap. The rules were changed slowly so as to give everyone a chance to learn them and get use to them. Keep in mind this went from nothing to what we play today in a four year time line.

Think of it this way. You go to a Fair. You have a favorite ride there and you want to ride that ride. So you do. While you are on that ride you look across the park and see another ride. You think to yourself that it looks really cool. But it has a few different rules to ride it. Maybe you need to be older and taller to ride it. But that isn't a problem for you and you see that you can ride it. Now  you must decide if you are going to stay on that one ride or get off and try something new. If you do and you don't like the new ride you can always go back to the ride you like. It will still be there. Really it is that easy. If any of you have any question just ask. But please do not take this as a attack against the game play you love. It is not that. It is just another ride at the park.

IronChef
I do in fact have a life.

Post by IronChef » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:04 pm

thats an awsome analogy...
i dont mind mids, just some cost more than others...especially if u have an oddball gun :D
When you definitely need it killed overnight...
[img width=450 height=150]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... rsmall.jpg[/img]

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:50 pm

im down!

Robk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Robk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:47 pm

3rd0ptik wrote: im down!
Medic up front! Medic up front! :D

I'm interested as well.  Also, would radio communications follow RTO procedure?  That would be fun  :)
http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/for ... ic.php?t=3

-KWA M4A1-
-SteevoLS's Thompson gun-

Win
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Win » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:31 pm

There is a lot to learn going into a realmil. There is a big difference in a realmil and a milsim. First I would never have my med up front. He would be in the back and another troops would buddy med the hit player and then move them back to a CCP for the med to tend to.
You got to have a RTO. On some fields they are so big you even have to set up a rto relay station so you can get comm's back to the HQ. The HQ will have a TOC set up in it as well. You get artty strikes at times if you can call in the grid. Or a preditor over flight to tell you where the other team is or even to drop a bomb on them. Scout snipers that have to sneak in and take pictures of the target and send them back my e-mail to the TOC. Then wait on orders to either hit the target or take a shot.
That is where we are in the REALMILs. We did not start there but as the mission grew and the teams got up to speed I have been able to add more and more into the missions. They are as much about planning as they are the fight. You will get into the fight. But if you can get your mission done with out being seen then you will get a hat's off to your team.
With all this being said you can see why I say it is not for everyone. It is not easy. But it is fun as hell.

Tzer1993

Post by Tzer1993 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

I've kinda grown to love mid caps myself...I have a very "chilled" trigger finger so 1 mid cap will last me a LONG time...I figure I will give MilSim a shot...could be fun I reckon! ;D 8)

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:28 pm

I understand the differences of all types of play.

My thing for if smeone has a 10,000 round drum mag, well, that just makes the opposing team have to think outside the box.  I like thinking outside the box. 

But anyway, this horse has been beat to a nice paste, maybe we could make a some kind of painting with the paste... :P
2 Dealers and a Joker.............Death Dealers

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Over the past several months most larger AOSC games have come to fit into the MilSim definition given here, there is usually a command structure, organized squads, specific objectives for squads as well as overall objectives, and often limits on medics and ammo. There are still smaller "paintsoft games" as well. Though both of those types are great, I think it would be nice to add the third genre of RealMil to our roster of game types in this state as well.

DW and others, remember that no one is trying to make all AOSC games RealMil or MilSim, we at the AOSC would simply like to host games that appeal to ALL tastes.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Crow
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 pm

i have to say im going to be buying mids because at the last few games i was at i found it quicker and easier for myself just to change out mags then to wind them up every 50 shots or however many. Mids and lower make sense to me personally and soon will be rolling only mids or lower even if its at a game where they allow high-caps ;D

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't want this to turn into a "hi/mid/low/stndcaps are teh bestest!" thread, but your "winding every 50rnds" with a hicap statement needs to be addressed:

All hicaps are meant to feed every last round, or at least 300 or so (with the obvious exception of the 15 or so last rnds that cannot feed because there is nothing behind them to push them). If you are having to repeatedly wind the mag in order to get all the rnds to feed, then one of the following is almost certainly the case:

-Your hicap is cheap.
-Your hicap has been left fully or partially wound for long periods of time and is week.
-You are not fully winding your hicap initially.

This can be remedied by fully winding hicaps prior to use, not leaving them wound for long periods of time (wind before play, discharge after), and by retentioning the internal coil spring of any hicap that will no longer feed very many rounds due to one of the first two notes above.

In short, if you are having to wind your hicap every ~300rnds or less, something is wrong, and it can be fixed without having to buy new ones.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Crow
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crow » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 am

Dominum wrote: I don't want this to turn into a "hi/mid/low/stndcaps are teh bestest!" thread, but your "winding every 50rnds" with a hicap statement needs to be addressed:

All hicaps are meant to feed every last round, or at least 300 or so (with the obvious exception of the 15 or so last rnds that cannot feed because there is nothing behind them to push them). If you are having to repeatedly wind the mag in order to get all the rnds to feed, then one of the following is almost certainly the case:

-Your hicap is cheap.
-Your hicap has been left fully or partially wound for long periods of time and is week.

This can be remedied by fully winding hicaps prior to use, not leaving them wound for long periods of time (wind before play, discharge after), and by retentioning the internal coil spring of any hicap that will no longer feed very many rounds due to one of the first two notes above.

In short, if you are having to wind your hicap every ~300rnds or less, something is wrong, and it can be fixed without having to buy new ones.
i wasnt trying to make it a high cap low cap thing or whatever i was just saying i like mids better and i wasnt saying highcaps are bad and i only said 50 because its the first number that hit my head, my mag really dosnt do that and works fine i was just using that as a example, sorry if i hert your feelings

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Dominum wrote: I don't want this to turn into a "hi/mid/low/stndcaps are teh bestest!" thread, but your "winding every 50rnds" with a hicap statement needs to be addressed:

-Your hicap is cheap.

Not true with ALL high caps.  The AGM M14 and Kart M14 EBR high caps only spit out around 50 no matter how much you wind them.
Help control the population.  Spay and neuter your humans.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 pm

idiot88 wrote: Not true with ALL high caps.  The AGM M14 and Kart M14 EBR high caps only spit out around 50 no matter how much you wind them.
You are correct that they do not do so initially, and that is because they are cheap. I know from firsthand experience having owned the former, and knowing the latter uses the exact same mags. Again, this can be remedied by retentioning the coil spring as stated ;).
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Vanquish
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vanquish » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:17 am

Dominum wrote: You are correct that they do not do so initially, and that is because they are cheap. I know from firsthand experience having owned the former, and knowing the latter uses the exact same mags. Again, this can be remedied by retentioning the coil spring as stated ;).
Very true.  Cheap hicaps are the devil.  ;)

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 am

Vanquish wrote: Very true.  Cheap hicaps are the devil.  ;)
Anyone who likes milsim and realmil think all hicaps are the devil. 
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.