Troops back by Obama

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Troops back by Obama

Post by Vesper » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

adjunog wrote:1/3 of our troops are coming back home and the rest before sept. 12, 2012 from Afgan.
I also remember him saying, "The day I become the President, all the soldiers are getting out of Iraq!"

... or something along that line.

Bushmaster
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Bushmaster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:07 pm

and the world is ending on May 21st, oh wait, I mean October 21st, my bad :-[
:P

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 pm

And artificial sweeteners are safe!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

If you think Obama is going to get us out of the the Middle Eastern area, I have to point out Libya. How much longer do you think it will be until he puts boots on the ground there too? Realistically though, he will probably wait until his highly unlikely second term, so it may not happen but purely for reelection reasons. Nevertheless, he is using a large amount of airpower there as we speak with no word from Congress. Not that that is a good or bad thing, but it is absolutely a resounding hypocrisy.

Anyway, I have to point out that there have been a few major Central Asian empires that held Afghanistan and the surrounding region since the Hellenic period. Not that anyone cares of course.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 pm

CharleyNovember
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by CharleyNovember » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Since the time it has been known as Afghanistan (Roughly 1747) 2 major 4N powers the British and the Soviets both tried to invade and hold it. They both had to let it go in the end. Before then it was kinda sorta Afghanistan kind of like North America was kind of but not really the USA before 1776. Empire building is bad ju-ju. I think Obama had good ideas and ideals before he got in "the House" and his new corporate masters let him know what he could and could not get away with. Want to know who really runs the ship? refer to

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 am

SpyderTC wrote:Because we are the most powerful nation in the World and we have an overwhelming need to meddle. I agree we should pull the troops out but we can't and won't do it anytime soon. We can't just leave two countries in ruin. That isn't the US way no matter how bad the government dislikes us. I know we can't make them like us but we can't leave a country that is economically in shambles and has no way of repairing itself destroyed like that. I don't think the US will be out of the middle east until 2015 or later no matter what the politicians say. If we do get out sooner then we will eventually go right back in because there will be another politically driven motive to do so.
To add on: We can't pull out because we risk another 9/11. If we just leave and show no dominant power over them everything will just happen over and over again. There really is no real end to it.