Funeral for PFC Justin Whitmire

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Funeral for PFC Justin Whitmire

Post by Darkside6 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Several members of our airsoft team attended a funeral for a fallen soldier today. We stood on the lines with members of the Patriot Guard to insure the family of PFC Justin Whitmire could have a respectful service without any disturbances by the idiots from the Westboro Church.
This is the group that protests all military funerals with the "God hates Fags" signs. We were all proud to be there and keep the a$$hats away. There must have been 1000-2000 people there to show there respect.
R.I.P. Justin, we will remember you forever.
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: Funeral for PFC Justin Whitmire

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm

If I had known about this ahead of time (read: If I paid more attention to the news), I'm sure that all of AJAX would have come out.

Next time, Westboro... next time.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Hats off to you folks who attended the funeral. Hats off to our fallen warrior.

Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I was there as well. It was amazing to see the community come together to honor a local hero. I heard that Westboro had their cars blocked in at the hotel. >:) they woulda got their butts whooped even if they did show up.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks Darkside and Romba for going out there. Diesel and I were discussing it on the ride but like Steevo, we didn't pay very close attention to the news and didn't know WBC would be there. We actually said if WBC was going to be there we'd flip the truck around and skip TT to be there.

I've heard many things through different outlets that WBC cars were blocked in the hotel to their tires were slashed...don't know what to believe but either way kudos to those that showed up in support of PFC Whitmire's family and friends.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Listening to the radio this morning and no one (hosts, callers) knew what really happened to them. That's a good thing.