Allen West Comments

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Allen West Comments

Post by Clutch » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.
allenwest

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Allen West Comments

Post by Clutch » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Anyone who knows me knows that I could care less about politics and the news media. I just think everything is to "bought and paid for", smoke and mirrors. From time to time something surfaces that makes me think that there are actually others out there who get it. This is one of them.
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

atl
I do in fact have a life.

Post by atl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

amen

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

I love Allen West, and I love you too Clutch. If I manage to find you in that Ghillie suit of yours, I'll shake your hand for finding this gem.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 am

The only real crime the Marines committed was letting themselves be video taped.
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

slickridley wrote:The only real crime the Marines committed was letting themselves be video taped.
Well said.

Darkside6
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Darkside6 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Great post Clutch! All the members of Canebrake Militia (of which one is a veteran of the Mogadishu event) totally agree. Well Done!
Snipers: America's long distance service provider since 1776
Canebrake Militia

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 am

Dominum wrote:I love Allen West, and I love you too Clutch. If I manage to find you in that Ghillie suit of yours, I'll shake your hand for finding this gem.
Please tell me that this is a familial bond?

To the original post,any time GIs do something questionable, the media jumps on them. Its ridiculous. These people forget when the towers burned and fell, when hundreds of Americans died.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slickridley » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 am

Avenger wrote:
Dominum wrote:I love Allen West, and I love you too Clutch. If I manage to find you in that Ghillie suit of yours, I'll shake your hand for finding this gem.
Please tell me that this is a familial bond?
With all the time playing airsoft in the mud, rain, trenches, being shot at and the pain of the next hike back to respawn. You should come to love your team mates as a brother and come to treat them as such.
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am

Well, my team mates are: My Dad, my brother and my best friend, yah, I do.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.