Skyrim

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Avenger
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Skyrim

Post by Avenger » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, not to add anything to current arguments and try to straighten out my thread, have you guys seen the 1.8 Patch notes that pertain to a Solsthiem DLC? It looks like Dragon Riding, there are some hints at Hand to Hand and "Ballista Centurions". My thought is that this will be Dwemer Centurions armed with ballistas similar to the Dwemer Spheres with their crossbows.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Avenger wrote:I don't enjoy jerky camera movements or tiny screens in my RPGs, so I still haven't got around to building a PC.

Bwahahahahahahaha
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

darkhaven3
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by darkhaven3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Avenger wrote:I don't enjoy jerky camera movements or tiny screens in my RPGs, so I still haven't got around to building a PC. Not to mention that Skyrim is just as moddable on a non-internet XBox as it is on a PC.

What was your argument again?
The argument is that playing a pre-baked game with none of the vast amount of content offered by a modding community that's been pushing out new questlines, new items, weapons, armors, bosses, beasts and entire landmasses for the engine since Morrowind does not compare to playing the same game at 1080 native @ 60FPS with all the content goodness. Sure, you might have just gotten the chance to pay $20 for DLC that lets you build houses in Skyrim, but we've had a more robust version of that very same feature well before the DLC was even announced. Don't like the way dark elves look by default? Make 'em sexy with a skin mod, like I did. Don't like the fighting mechanics by default? Use a mod to turn it into an Arena/Daggerfall style drag-n-click-to-slash game. Best part is that it's totally free to do all this, and you're only kidding yourself if you buy the game on a console.

Now by all means, more power to you if all you have is a 360. But you have no ground to stand on if you argue that the 360 version is better than the PC version. This is not true for any game, and never will be.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 am

I just started and I have this lizard guy it seems like a pretty legit game havnt really done anything fun yet though so ill post when i do.
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

It is super legit.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Avenger

Post by Avenger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 pm

It is mega legit.

Argonians are pretty fun, I played one for around 20 levels and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. If you want to do quests for or just hang with your people, check out the docks at Windhelm and Riften.Your starting strong points are sneak related(just in case you didn't know), so you will be well suited to the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood off the bat. However, the beauty of this game is that after ten levels or so your character can be molded to whatever you want. What platform are you on?
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 pm

My main character is an Dark Elf rogue assasin. Specialized, light armor, one handed, sneak, archery, smithing, and enchanting. I get x30 multiplier w/ daggers while stealthed, which usually makes alot of one hit kills for me. He fights for the Storm cloaks and is the listener for the dark brotherhood. Killing does not bother him if he feels there is a gain to his cause or beliefs yet bullying and abuse of innocent people upset him. He has also help restore the thieves guild and is a nightingale of the night mother. My stealth is maxed out and i can almost stealth pass and through anything, even right in front of people some times.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 am

I play as a demented serial killer Nord. He kills everything in sight, except for those invincible bratty children. There aren't too many things left alive in Skyrim these days...

Radkov
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Radkov » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

captainkirk05 wrote:except for those invincible bratty children. There aren't too many things left alive in Skyrim these days...
So all that's going to be left is a bunch of kids in a magical realm of fantasy and adventure? And they're the only things you CAN'T kill? Dude, you're the villain in a children's cartoon.

darkhaven3
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by darkhaven3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Undead wrote:So all that's going to be left is a bunch of kids in a magical realm of fantasy and adventure? And they're the only things you CAN'T kill? Dude, you're the villain in a children's cartoon.
For some reason I laughed uncontrollably for about a straight minute. I literally almost choked to death on nothing because of you.