Whats happened to the US

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
python575
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: Whats happened to the US

Post by python575 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 am

altho its never really a good idea to debate religion or politics, i may indulge
its pretty old news. they mention it briefly it in the daily show  

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-7-2010/wish-you-weren-t-here

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 pm

It is not exactly on ground zero.  It is two blocks away.  
The guy or group in charge are supposedly progressive Muslim's, not the jihadist disruptive type.

Even after 911, we still have the first amendment.  Would this argument be happening if a church or temple was being put in this same location?
Help control the population.  Spay and neuter your humans.

Slate

Post by Slate » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

idiot88 wrote: Even after 911, we still have the first amendment.  Would this argument be happening if a church or temple was being put in this same location?

Yes, we would. The attacks on 9/11 were not attacks on any religion in particular but on all Americans, including Islamic people. Building any kind of religious structure on a site that has become sacred, not to one religion, but to all Americans, is insulting to many people.

If a Roman Catholic Cathedral was being built there or a Jewish Temple or a Buddhist Monastery for that matter, I think this discussion would be taking place just as much.

saver64
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by saver64 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Not rely, because most of us are in a Christian branch and as i heard it wasn't being built on Ground Zero. So this discussion probably won't even be happening right now.

Slate

Post by Slate » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Not everyone is religious and not everyone wants religion to be a part of everything in their lives. It's the reason there is separation between church and state, the same should be taken with Ground Zero, especially considering it was the site of the economic powerhouse for the free world.

rack0730
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by rack0730 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah I agree with Slate %100. The only thing that should be built as a tribute to 9-11 on or around it is something that all Americans(white, black, asian, christian, buddhist, muslim, etc..) can be a part of. Its not the religious factor that I am talking about it is the fact that something that only one group of people can use should not be put up as a tribute for something where many different kinds of people died.
Wolfpack-  names Deuce
VFC M16
KWA M4
G&G Scar-L
WE Socom Gear M9A1
WE Desert Combat Elite 1911
Bare Hands

Big Bird
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Big Bird » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:24 pm

The target date to open the Muslim shrine to victory is, yes, 9-11-11. I know it is unthinkable that Americans, New Yorkers in paticular, would stand for this but it is a done deal so far. If everyone just assumes that it will not happen and noone does anything about it then what will stop it? Nothing! I don't normally do this but this is a link to a site that has a petition that you can sign and information about the whole story www.actforamerica.org
  Like I said, I don't normally spout off about this stuff but if this goes through it will discrace every life that was cut short from the horrific and cowardly act that day. BB out............
Big Bird [Rifleman]
SWC, Special Warfare Command
"Adapt - Evade - Overcome"

Joshua
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Joshua » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Like people said, it's a right that they can build it there. It is also 2 blocks away, not on top of it as some think. Both being said, I still don't see it being built and if it is..I doubt it will last long without vandalism or worse.
IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE--IRENE

saver64
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by saver64 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 am

I'd be glad to go up there and pretty up that building :D

Crow
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 pm

This is appalling! My dad could of been killed that day. He was suppose to be there but got called off the day before. He had 9 people that he knew die that day and for the government to let something like this happen is unbelievable. I'm not trying to bad Muslims, I'm pissed that they would build a religious site where it shouldn't be. Yes it isn't on the exact site, but it still shouldn't be done. It is not a area for something like that, it just doesn't fit. If you have been to ground zero before, you would know what I'm talking about. Its not a place for this, even if its 2 blocks away. Go to the city and you will see, 2 blocks isn't much at all. I see it as something disrespectful and honestly makes me sick. This is all i can say at this moment while keeping somewhat of a cool face. I just wish i knew about this before now.
Last edited by Crow on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:47 pm

If this gets built, which there is no legal way it can be stopped without disregarding the Constitution, I highly doubt it will go without serious vandalism.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

rack0730
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by rack0730 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Well just so everyone know it was in the paper today and it is still getting built, if you don't believe me check the news once in a while. Its wrong to build it and its no different than spitting on the grave of those who died that day.
Wolfpack-  names Deuce
VFC M16
KWA M4
G&G Scar-L
WE Socom Gear M9A1
Bare Hands

saver64
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by saver64 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 pm

Ya'll lets get some spray paint and redecorate it when its finished  ;D

rack0730
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by rack0730 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:24 am

saver64 wrote: Ya'll lets get some spray paint and redecorate it when its finished  ;D
We shouldn't have to. Out government no matter how corrupt and the US people no matter how ignorant should not let this happen but it will as long as we have people who keep saying its not gonna happen but then don't do anything to stop it.
Wolfpack-  names Deuce
VFC M16
KWA M4
G&G Scar-L
WE Socom Gear M9A1
Bare Hands

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:22 am

rack0730 wrote: Out government should not let this happen
It's been twenty-five years since I graduated from high school.  Do high schools in SC still teach US history and US government?  Back then, they were required courses.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Last edited by idiot88 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help control the population.  Spay and neuter your humans.