AOSC GDT (General Discussion Thread)

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
Romba
I do in fact have a life.

Re: AOSC GDT (General Discussion Thread)

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Nice nic Felix. DAMN! Post somethig quick! Your post count is the number of the beast!!

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Dominum wrote:So it's between a V3 and medium motor and a V2 and long type motor. Just bear in mind you will have to overhaul the internals on whichever one you pick to make it a great DM, so set aside several hundred more dollars for that, batteries, mags, etc.
By this point with about 800 in it you might as well save up for a PTW

Romba

Post by Romba » Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm

That's a good point…

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Sun May 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Ok get a G&G affordable series GR 15 short model RIS and crane stock, that 140 and upgrade it somewhat, or get a VFC E line defeneder thats a tad bit smaller like an SR5 for 319?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 am

VFC FTW (if you want an assault rifle setup).
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 am

Dominum wrote:So it's between a V3 and medium motor and a V2 and long type motor. Just bear in mind you will have to overhaul the internals on whichever one you pick to make it a great DM, so set aside several hundred more dollars for that, batteries, mags, etc.
Well of course, before the summer I just want one or the other, then start gradually upgrading it. By August, ill have a full DMR. But which is better a medium V3 or a long V2? I haven't gone that technical before.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon May 02, 2011 6:47 am

I can tell you this Felix, While I don't know much about the Sig, you will have more upgrade choices with a long type motor than a medium type motor. But, there are still a few good after market medium type motors, which makes my vote the sig. Go for something that will stand out, everyone has an M16 DMR.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 am

Its also a EBB, a nice solid CLACK every shot

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon May 02, 2011 9:56 am

lot's of talk about DMR's lately. What gives? Is this the new fad?

On top of the investment are you guys going to be ok shooting semi-auto ONLY and can you accurately determine your 100' MED nearly instantly?

Better add the cost of a dependable side arm into your DMR build otherwise you are useless to your team inside 100'.

A note on PTW's, they are fun to have. I've almost bought 1 about 4 times but the guys at the shop kept talking me out of it. One of my friends that's been playing since 2005 has had 8 of them from the 2007 models until the newest ones. and Will never own another... granted he said that after the 5th one. And it's not just this one dude, I have seen countless people blow a stack of cash on PTW's and PTW mags and just end up selling it all in 6 months because AEG's are just easier to live with. With all of the programmable mosfets and increasing quality of AEG's, quick change spring gearboxes, etc, you could have 2 or 3 great AEG's that can perform just like a PTW but will be easier to maintain, take off the shelf parts for repairs and take normal AEG mags.

Saying you're already into a DMR build for $800 might as well save for a PTW is like saying you're spending $$$$$ on a Honda you might as well save and buy a Mercedes. Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 am

Star_folder wrote:I can tell you this Felix, While I don't know much about the Sig, you will have more upgrade choices with a long type motor than a medium type motor. But, there are still a few good after market medium type motors, which makes my vote the sig. Go for something that will stand out, everyone has an M16 DMR.
Any long type motor will work where a medium type motor will with a little dremel type action. I took the pinion off the stock Cybergun Sig 556 motor (because it was a d-shaped pinion with a grub screw and then I took a EG700 I had in my parts box cut the shaft to the right length and ground one side flat and installed the pinion on it and viola, medium EG700. I don't have the patience to be limited by current motor availability when I can spend 5mins and have whatever length motor I need/want. I mean on Friday I'll order a Devil Jet or Satan motor and cut it down to a short type for the EBR.

V3 is, in all reality, a better/stronger gearbox design than a V2.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 pm

severed wrote:
Any long type motor will work where a medium type motor will with a little dremel type action. I took the pinion off the stock Cybergun Sig 556 motor (because it was a d-shaped pinion with a grub screw and then I took a EG700 I had in my parts box cut the shaft to the right length and ground one side flat and installed the pinion on it and viola, medium EG700. I don't have the patience to be limited by current motor availability when I can spend 5mins and have whatever length motor I need/want. I mean on Friday I'll order a Devil Jet or Satan motor and cut it down to a short type for the EBR.

V3 is, in all reality, a better/stronger gearbox design than a V2.
True, but that's harder ;)

And let me know how you like the Satan motor if you get it.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

takes 5 mins max. IMO, better to get a good motor and modify it than settle for a crap motor or gun that you don't really want.

If we all took the easy rout we'd be playing with stock guns

▲
▲ ▲

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 pm

I have both a great AEG DMR and a PTW. I'll stick with the PTW (with mods though, stock hopup is not great, and there were a few other things that needed tweaking)

My PTW with only a Gold cylinder(M130) shooting 495 w/.25s using Madbull .25s kicks most peoples DMRs and even upgraded sniper rifles in the balls. It has the added benefit of being dead silent downrange, I have it almost as quiet at 50ft+ as my P90 was. Plus the fact that I can still use full auto when needed. I love my AEG DMR, it is awesome, but the PTW beats it hands down. Bear in mind that I have yet to use the Red cylinder (M150) after my hopup mod. If it is doing that with an M130, what will it do with an M150 and heavier BBs? Also my AEG DMR can't become a high ROF CQBR in less than ten seconds.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Ive always wanted a DMR, and 100 feet is what always seems to happen to me when i get around the teams.

So the V2 on the Sig isnt as strong a gearbox as V3s?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 pm

The Sig is a V3 with a medium motor. Sev is right about heights too, a dremel is a magical thing.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]