Before airsoft

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
kg4chm
I like this place!
I like this place!

Re: Before airsoft

Post by kg4chm » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:32 am

Most of the hobbies I had before I started playing airsoft are still hobbies that I enjoy. I spend more time and money on airsoft these days though.
The one hobby/activity that I have not messed with in the past few years but really enjoyed is mountain biking. Im gonna attempt to get back into that a little bit this spring......notice I said try.
Hobbies I am at least somewhat active in are........
Cars...I have a somewhat large shop behind my house and several cars to tinker on.
I am a licensed amateur radio operator since the late '90's....hence my user name here as well as other forums.
Music....listening to and playing. I play trombone, tuba, drums and guitar. I still pick around on the guitar on occasion but haven't messed with trombone or tuna in quite a few years and its been several years since I have played drums. Thinking about buying a cheap set to bang around on just for shits n giggles.
Last edited by kg4chm on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 am

He is the most interesting man in the forum.

He doesn't always play, but when he does... he plays airsoft.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

kg4chm
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by kg4chm » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 am

Who? Me? Nah......Im probably one of the least interesting.

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:15 am

Nice XX referance steevo
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill

GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

Post by GARRETT » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Smoke wrote: My brother..... Clutch, is going to kill me for this  :P And now ill have to watch my back but this is what he did before airsoft and i was always in a trance everytime he picked up a guitar and still am...This video was taken more than 20 years ago at AJ's in greenville and the sound quality is a lil poor but i still like it...  hope yall do too...  sorry clutch but i couldn't help myself i was bored at work

http://www.youtube.com/user/NoNameProjects

Clutch ...... really? That's awesome man. I miss the real guitar players from the 80s era. Todays guitar players lack real talent, and really lack any showmanship.

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:37 pm

GARRETT wrote: Clutch ...... really? That's awesome man. I miss the real guitar players from the 80s era. Todays guitar players lack real talent, and really lack any showmanship.
I just learned of this post the night before the game (thanks Smoke). Thanks G! I hear your no slouch yourself. :) Of course that was 20+ years ago when it was nothing to practice 8 hours, play 3 sets, have a good time after the show, travel to the next gig and do it all over again. I don't even have the time to get decent practice times in these days. Being an adult suxs.  :)

I think in the dog days of this coming summer when it's too hot to play, we should do a $15 to $20 a head Airsoft social event. Have grilled food, live music and some shooting events. Hmm.....  not a bad idea.  :)
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

nightSky
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by nightSky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 am

Before I got into airsoft i played guitar and infact i still do play guitar. it's a great part of my life.
I also did alot of things with electronics, i used to solder together my own transmitters and oscillators. Irecently got out of that but the knowledge of it is handy.
Another thing was computer coding. i still do this, majoit of it is coding for smartphones running open OS. that I would build off of. I've also messed around with creating my own ROM's :D
for a while i did some things for AOSP. I still do alot of this and would say 30% of my time is put ino the ROM's i run.
One last thing Ido on the side is video editing, ive invested greatly in Adobe CS4 & CS5, along with Sony Vegas Pro/Platinium. With the help of another program Cinema 4D i use all three of these programs to create professional video intros/credits that i sell at school for use with projects.
besides the intros/cedits I am also learning how to use the pograms for actual video editing.
Technology has exised for me before airsoft and remains large in my life.
Don't confuse the war, with the warrior.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Sounds like a plan man

doug
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by doug » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:00 pm

I still play baseball on the weekends im not playing baseball i play airsoft, and i fish a lot. A LOT. :D
KWC 1911 CO2 GBB

*Deep Scar 3 Vet*
*Operation Desert Crucible Vet*

Pieman
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Pieman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 pm

doug wrote: I still play baseball on the weekends im not playing baseball i play airsoft, and i fish a lot. A LOT. :D
I went fishing once.  I couldn't catch anything, even if i had an airsoft gun 
KWA M16 SR-12 (DMR)
KWA M93RII
G&G GR16