Larp?

If it's not airsoft related, then put it here.
DeadPool
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Larp?

Post by DeadPool » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 pm

lately i have been studying a game known as Live action Role playing. i find it quite intresting and was wondering who else is intrested in the game as well? I look forword to others responses [img width=400 height=312]http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/larp-2.jpg[/img]. from paroosing the internet i have found that it has a very wide fanbace and think it would be a good refresher from the constatnt gun fighting and give us a chance to get up close and personal with our enamy. the only reason i feel to bring this up is because i know of the moderatly big venue of airsoft players in south carolina but after research i have noticed that not a lot of people like larp why not? and if so let me know
Op- Kudzu
Nc-Sc Border War

Bushmaster
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Larp?

Post by Bushmaster » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Good gosh, man, learn to spell, or at least to use the spell check function!

The words are supposed to be spelled as follows: interesting, interested, forward, perusing, fanbase, constant, enemy, and moderately.
Last edited by Bushmaster on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I think it would be a pretty cool thing. In my head this sounds like instead of knife fights theres one huge game of melee weapons, or something similar
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Well see, it's like this.

[img width=450 height=225]http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/upl ... so-gay.jpg[/img]

Seriously though, most of us don't find the idea of running around and bonking eachother with foam swords nearly as entertaining and running around plinking eachother with plastic balls.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Rev
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Rev » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 pm

This really is  what we do just with out the swords and melee weapons. We dress up in outfits make teams, strategies, our own mods and weapons then run around and kill each other for fun.  We just don't live out World of Warcraft we are more like CoD.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

The idea is that melee would add a great new way to murder the enemy, but with guns you cant get that satisfying slash-into-someones-side feeling.  Dont knock it till you try it.
[img width=640 height=520]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1001/just-like-a-droid-force-trumps-gat-sword-day-would-be-incomp-demotivational-poster-1263019492.jpg[/img] 
DON'T BE A DROID, BE COOL AND GIVE IT A SLASH
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm not really bashing LARP, but airsoft is airsoft. If you want to hit eachother with foam swords, I suggest you look in to the Society for Creative Anachronism. http://www.sca.org/

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 pm

I attend the Belegarth group at Clemson. It's not quite official larping, only realistic medieval combat, no spells or anything like that. I really enjoy it, even if it does look lame, it's tones of fun.
[align=center]Image[/align]

DeadPool
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by DeadPool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 am

i apologies for my spelling errors and thank you all for your feedback. I only bring this up because i was recently at a convention where they had a sword fighting competition. i won third place and it made me think of how fun it may be if we had more than 15 people fighting each other and had more like 150 in mortal combat. Please lets be civilized about this and dint bash the idea before giving it any serious thought. be honest as a small child you allways imagined yourself as a gladiator or knight in the battlefield. why not give it a chance. Just think about it.
Op- Kudzu
Nc-Sc Border War

JayRoach
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by JayRoach » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm

What you say is true. ;) On more than one occasion I have wanted to be a knight. No dout it would be quite a site to see a bunch of guys engaging in hand to hand combat.

But I would much rather lode up my guns and shoot at people...
Getting that satisfying knife kill every once in a wile is good enough for me.
It is not the camo, or the gun that make a good player. its the skill, and team work from the man behind those things.

DeadPool
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by DeadPool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I see your point but it might be a good refresher to get up close and personal with several different combatants all trying to take your head! The depths of combat before you could pick a person off from 200 yards away. I say we should at least try it. I would love to go asap but i can not find anywere having a game so i turned to the only place with people similar to it , The great wonderful people of whom i am proud to be a part of , the South Carolina Airsoft aficionados
Last edited by DeadPool on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Op- Kudzu
Nc-Sc Border War

MetalWarrior
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by MetalWarrior » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Star_folder wrote: I attend the Belegarth group at Clemson. It's not quite official larping, only realistic medieval combat, no spells or anything like that. I really enjoy it, even if it does look lame, it's tones of fun.
My cousin was telling me that he saw a bunch of people having a medieval sword fight at Clemson. He did what most would have and got as many people as he could with foam swords and charged them in the middle of their next battle :D

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:46 pm

hahaha, he probably got crushed. Most of the regulars are really good.
[align=center]Image[/align]

DeadPool
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by DeadPool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Star_folder wrote: I attend the Belegarth group at Clemson. It's not quite official larping, only realistic medieval combat, no spells or anything like that. I really enjoy it, even if it does look lame, it's tones of fun.
Some Friends and I Would like to attend if its not student only
Op- Kudzu
Nc-Sc Border War

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm

It took about 2 minutes on the SCA homepage to find the South Carolina "kingdom" in the Society for Creative Anachronism. http://www.cyddlaindowns.org/