Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Discuss previous games here.
splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Operation 24 - Feb 27-28, 2010

Post by splatmaster » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Trig wrote: I can honestly say I fought to the death before they captured the CO.  Hell they captured me with him cause I offered. :P
Thats the way to go!
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

sacarus
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by sacarus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:13 am

lols i was up all night some time's on lone sentry duty because the rest of alpha wimped out. but me and trig rushed some bravo guy behind a wall and i stayed awake till the co was taken. i tyred....as for alpha...yo guy's need t bring more layer's
[img width=376 height=135]http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv11 ... apon11.jpg[/img] 
i now attend fishburne millitary school

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 am

Yeah... I decided to skip out after the feeling went out of my toes.  No, I was not prepared at all for the temperatures that hit us Sunday morning, and--sorry guys--y'all ain't worth hypothermia, haha.

I finally regained feeling after a few minutes by the fire pit, and I was good to drive after a cup of coffee back at Bravo HQ, so I went back home, took a nice, warm shower, and fell asleep in my nice, warm, comfortable bed.  Hell yes, that felt good.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Sorry I've been so busy lately, but I guess it's about time I contribute to the AAR :D.

I want to extend a big thanks to the members of the following teams that achieved victory under my command through their diligence and skill:

-Aircross
-Clemson
-Deth Kom
-Grave
-Imc
-Ironfox
-Palmetto Guard
-Recon
-War
-and the large number of unaffiliated players that made up Delta squad, USC squad, and Outis Squad.

A number of you held out with your squad on isolated flanks and forward positions when I couldn't spare reinforcements for considerably longer than I anticipated, and against immense odds. Some of you were part of the forces that retook our lines and the center respawn shortly after the single time our lines failed during the day. Many of you spent a very miserable night on patrol or sentry duty. To all of you that fought for Mother Russia (Alpha) I extend my personal thanks for your valiant efforts to ensure victory. Kudos to you all! (I'll comment more when I get the time to read this thread.)

Oh, and thanks to my command staff. Both of my guards, and my two adjutants, as well as my XO. You guys helped tremendously.
Last edited by Dominum on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Unknown Theory
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Unknown Theory » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Don't forget your command staff... :angry:
[img width=199 height=100]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... IZEJPG.jpg[/img]
{Assault - Engineer - Medic - Recon}

OP DS3: Nemisis Vet
OP 24 Vet - Alpha A-Hole/Epic-Medic (32 total)

JG M16 UFC - 400fps (TBC)
UHC 6" Revolver - 300fps (TBC)
Caspian 1911 Tactical - 300fps

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Unknown Theory wrote: Don't forget your command staff... :angry:
Oops, I probably forgot some teams too... :(

Oh, and thanks to the troops that assisted with the refortification, that was another great contribution to our victory. Well done.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Wasn't a problem at all, Henry, and I thank you for the opportunity you gave me when you chose me as your XO.  I had a lot of fun.

In the future, though, I think I'm going to stay away from command positions.  As much as patrolling the front line and threatening to shoot deserters was, I'm going to stick to mercenary work.  It, er, pays better. ;)
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

jarhead904
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jarhead904 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:17 pm

no problem Henry it was an honor to serve under u :D
Quote of The Day
Inked wrote: A Fact of Life:  After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.....
OP Desert Locust vet.
OP White Noise vet.
OP24 vet. & victorious team staff medic
Silent Sniper of The Hill

Unknown Theory
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Unknown Theory » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:08 am

Arbee wrote: Wasn't a problem at all, Henry, and I thank you for the opportunity you gave me when you chose me as your XO.  I had a lot of fun.

In the future, though, I think I'm going to stay away from command positions.  As much as patrolling the front line and threatening to shoot deserters was, I'm going to stick to mercenary work.  It, er, pays better. ;)
And you get coffee too! :D
[img width=199 height=100]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... IZEJPG.jpg[/img]
{Assault - Engineer - Medic - Recon}

OP DS3: Nemisis Vet
OP 24 Vet - Alpha A-Hole/Epic-Medic (32 total)

JG M16 UFC - 400fps (TBC)
UHC 6" Revolver - 300fps (TBC)
Caspian 1911 Tactical - 300fps

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Haha!  Indeed you do.

3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by 3rd0ptik » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:01 am

I know this topic in this thread is old but I saw something I like. any cheating or dishonorable play if caught should face the firing line.. I know Garrett said theyve done that. Saw some vids of the Georgia players.. guy didnt call hit but got caught. made him turn his back. Firing squad lined up, they let off 3 ready aim fire single shots. dude was pelted lol.. anyway I think that kind of public display would discourage cheating.. or maybe I just wanna shoot someone.. lol..

anyhow kicking game, cant wait for TT..

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:40 pm

3rd0ptik wrote: I know this topic in this thread is old but I saw something I like. any cheating or dishonorable play if caught should face the firing line.. I know Garrett said theyve done that. Saw some vids of the Georgia players.. guy didnt call hit but got caught. made him turn his back. Firing squad lined up, they let off 3 ready aim fire single shots. dude was pelted lol.. anyway I think that kind of public display would discourage cheating.. or maybe I just wanna shoot someone.. lol..

anyhow kicking game, cant wait for TT..
The only problem with that is the legal aspect. Unfortunately you cannot do that to someone without their consent, which I doubt they'd give. You can however make an example of players that cheat by removing them from games and banning them from future ones, which we do, and will be doing more of considering the recent rise in players that seem not to give a rat's ass about doing so.
idiot88 wrote: When Alpha first took over the Bravo base, there were two Bravos in short sleeve shirts walking around, putting bare hands on Alpha players, and safety killing them.  Were these valid kills if they had no guns or rubber knives?
No, this is a direct violation of Rule #5 of the AOSC game rules. Even if it hadn't been, that is a paintballer's mentality, it isn't MilSim, RealMil, or even remotely fair play. Getting stealth kills by actually sneaking up on people, rather than convincing them you are out of play, and thus not a threat, are very admirable however.
Gunship wrote: WOW ! after reading your rules, which we played by. You want to change them now cause of what Toecutter and my self did. I'm Flaterd  :D  Waxhaw airsoft FTW !!!
Actually, that rule was in place well before the game in question, and you broke it. I reccomend that in the future you read them more thoroughly, and if something needs clarification you ask a Rep.
Pieman wrote: The rules need to be clearly explained at the beginning of the game with all player present, some people aren't getting the message.
They were, the problem was that people either didn't bother to pay attention, or were under the impression that they could play in whatever manner they wanted to. This is going to be dealt with in the future by more non-playing admins, and stricter enforcement of the rules, i.e. game bans and game ejections.
Lefty wrote:The only con I could see at this op was the absence of non playing refs. with over a hundered players i think it would have gone better with refs posted at the RPs and HQs. 5 refs could have made it run smoother.
Agreed, a lack of non playing Admins did make things very confusing. In the future the GC Reps plan to remedy this. It also would have likely helped the large number of players not familiar with the rules, as there would have been a readily available answer for any questions about them.

Like all AOSC games, it was stated in the breifing that only medics of your faction could heal you, so put that on the growing list of rules either ignored or overlooked at this game.
Last edited by Dominum on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Doublewolf
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Doublewolf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:44 am

idiot88 wrote:When Alpha first took over the Bravo base, there were two Bravos in short sleeve shirts walking around, putting bare hands on Alpha players, and safety killing them.  Were these valid kills if they had no guns or rubber knives?
Dominum wrote:No, this is a direct violation of Rule #5 of the AOSC game rules. Even if it hadn't been, that is a paintballer's mentality, it isn't MilSim, RealMil, or even remotely fair play. Getting stealth kills by actually sneaking up on people, rather than convincing them you are out of play, and thus not a threat, are very admirable however.
Rule #4:   A "stealth kill" occurs when another player kills you by making some form of physical contact, either with a rubber knife, muzzle, or anything else in their possession, even their bare hands. This is intended to replicate knife or bayonet kills, and thus is the same as being hit with a BB, with the exception that, though you must immediately acknowledge it and dawn your deadrag, you may NOT make any sound until they are a minimum of fifty feet away. Stealth kills are nonnegotiable.

Wouldn't this rule make those kills count? Somebody should have killed those guys. Why would you just let somebody walk around doing that? Also, just for the record, it was Rule #4, not #5. And also, I do agree that it is not even remotely realistic and that these guys were being incredibly stupid.
Last edited by Doublewolf on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Meh, I agree wholeheartedly that we need to see more non-participating Admins and reps on the field, and that they should be posted at key points, where they can observe respawns switching hands and anything going on at an HQ.  They should also be prepared to stop people in the field, even if it means halting the game, if somebody needs to be taken off the field or something of the sort.

To the Reps: It's all fine and good to pretend that everybody's capable of following the rules, and that we don't need refs or admins breathing down our necks all the time, but it's a logical fallacy that could ruin a game instead of improving it.  We need some structure out there, we need clear, straightforward, comprehensible, plain-English-that-everyone-can-read-and-understand, non-conflicting rules (I think I've heard five conflicting clarifications of the stealth kill rule so far), and we need consequences--actual, tangible, consequences--for cheating.  The sooner the better, I say.

Ping
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Ping » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:49 pm

After 2 weeks of watching the character of my teammates being called into question, have to speak up.

The 2 guys who did those safety kills walking out of the Tan HQ. I've known them and played with them for more than 2 years now. There is no way you would have heard them tell you they were looking for a mag, because yes, that would be cheating. That's declaring yourself to be out of play. To then do a saftey kill would be wrong and I know they wouldn't have done that.

As I have read this story being told, it started off with people saying "It was just wrong. They walked up and killed us." and others responded with "Well, duh, you should have shot them."

Then the story was, "Well they had dead rags on." And others said, "No, they didn't."

Then someone said, "They said they were looking for a mag." and suddenly everyone seems to think THIS is what happened???

These guys are honorable players. Maybe you don't like they they walked up to the opposing team and killed them without being challenged, but that's not their fault. As for it not being realistic? How often have you heard of suicide bombers and such who appear to offer no threat simply walking into an area where their target was and killing people? I have to say when the story on "what happend" changes so much, it makes me question it. From the beginning the two guys have not changed their story. When you play a war simulation game, you better be prepared to assume that the other team is always out to kill you. Just because you don't percieve a threat, doesn't mean that threat is not there.
Some are saying they want to give the benefit of the doubt. Well fine. All you have to do is challenge the person. "Declare yourself dead or I will shoot" They don't put their hands up in surrender immediately? FIRE AWAY. That's on them.