OP24-3

Information about past games.
Diesel
I do in fact have a life.

Re: OP24-3

Post by Diesel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 am

Everybody PLEASE remember these things.
The weather will change. Make sure you bring extra clothes and socks. It will get cold at night.
Remember to hydrate and bring extra water.
These 2 things will make you experience at this game better. Once you get cold, you might as well quit. If you get dehydrated, you will quit.
Simple enough.
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:56 am

The old man knows what he is talking about. Listen to him.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 am

As far as a breakdown of players who we know are going to be there for the whole game, things look pretty even. I have aircross and ironfoxx with me on alpha, bravo's unknown leader has ajax and grave, and charlie has Redemption with it's two tanks + some others. If there's any big difference in numbers it'll be from new kids who are fresh to the sport and such. Most of the fresh meat tends to disappear at dark tho when they realize how unprepared they are for a 24 hour op.
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

Wolfy
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Wolfy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 am

Stealth Hero wrote:As far as a breakdown of players who we know are going to be there for the whole game, things look pretty even. I have aircross and ironfoxx with me on alpha, bravo's unknown leader has ajax and grave, and charlie has Redemption with it's two tanks + some others. If there's any big difference in numbers it'll be from new kids who are fresh to the sport and such. Most of the fresh meat tends to disappear at dark tho when they realize how unprepared they are for a 24 hour op.

lol im fresh meat but i wont be dissapearing at dark.
Revenge is Sweeter than you ever were.
OP Blackwater II ♦ Op 24-3 ♦ FPTC Wellford ♦ Sc vs. Ga II ♦ Op. Convoy Steel Griffin ♦ Red Fox Dec. 15th ♦ Op. Double Cross ♦ Op. TDC 2 ♦

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 am

I can't stress enough... come prepared. Most people are overconfident about 24 hour games, or just ill prepared. The overconfident types go "I'll run the whole game, nothing will stop me!" At 3AM they pass out and don't wake up until it's over. Then you have the ill prepared types who show up like it's any other game. They run out of batteries and have no place to charge, freeze because they brought no extra clothes or warm stuff to sleep in, they run out of BBs and food and give up, guns break and they have no backup, etc. Understand that you cannot be on the frontlines for 25 hours; give yourself time to rest, eat, hydrate, reload, and sleep. Take boring assignments every few hours to recouperate, and take at least four hours of solid sleep. Force yourself to eat at least a little every few hours, and drink often. If you aren't urinating every couple hours, you are very dehydrated. Set up your camp at your HQ well before the game starts, and sleep in the feild. Stay in touch with the rest of your faction at all times. Think long term, not just what your objective is now, but how that plays into things hours down the road. Bring four times the BBs you would normally have, at least one backup gun, chargers and batteries galore (and make sure there will be a place to charge them), and a quality radio that will last. 24 hour games are not just won by the side with the superior strategic flexibilty, but by the faction who backs that up with the best preparedness of it's rank and file. OP24II is an excellent case in point.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

painmaker
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by painmaker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:17 am

will anyone be selling ammo at this game?

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 am

painmaker wrote:will anyone be selling ammo at this game?
I believe Dom will be selling ammo.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Branman243
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Branman243 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

does anyone have a gun I rent? My gun needs to be worked on..

specter

Post by specter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 pm

maybe steevo can lend you one of the guns he's trying to sell. i am not volunteering him though.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Nope.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Why would you lend to somebody the guns you're about to sell? If that's how you sell your guns, by God, I hope I don't buy anything from you.

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Any fellow Bravoians that would be willing to give me a couple mags worth of propane? I'm fresh out... Thanks!

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

And will there be signage directing to the site like at TDC?

Cannon Fodder
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by Cannon Fodder » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Dominum wrote:I can't stress enough... come prepared. Most people are overconfident about 24 hour games, or just ill prepared. The overconfident types go "I'll run the whole game, nothing will stop me!" At 3AM they pass out and don't wake up until it's over. Then you have the ill prepared types who show up like it's any other game. They run out of batteries and have no place to charge, freeze because they brought no extra clothes or warm stuff to sleep in, they run out of BBs and food and give up, guns break and they have no backup, etc. Understand that you cannot be on the frontlines for 25 hours; give yourself time to rest, eat, hydrate, reload, and sleep. Take boring assignments every few hours to recouperate, and take at least four hours of solid sleep. Force yourself to eat at least a little every few hours, and drink often. If you aren't urinating every couple hours, you are very dehydrated. Set up your camp at your HQ well before the game starts, and sleep in the feild. Stay in touch with the rest of your faction at all times. Think long term, not just what your objective is now, but how that plays into things hours down the road. Bring four times the BBs you would normally have, at least one backup gun, chargers and batteries galore (and make sure there will be a place to charge them), and a quality radio that will last. 24 hour games are not just won by the side with the superior strategic flexibilty, but by the faction who backs that up with the best preparedness of it's rank and file. OP24II is an excellent case in point.
Also don't die....thats very important to having a fun time.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Game is rain or shine. Forecast calling for 61 and clear skies tomorrow.

It will get cold Saturday night so come prepared.

If you are camping tonight and need to contact someone call Robert Summer 803-944-1595 . he is the land owner and will get you set up.

If you can bring a map with you of the land.