Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Discuss previous games here.
Schmarvin
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Blue Hole: Dec 1st 2012. AAR

Post by Schmarvin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm

BaldEagle wrote:I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
Well, you are sort of correct.....

I was at the Chrono. Dom had a 20ft MED at Blue Hole. :evil:[/quote]

Before or after a smaller battery? lol I know the trick. First time I saw that done was at "The Swamp" for the first game. Sneaky.
Team Extorrus, XO
OP 24-3
Germany II
The Swamp Opening
SQA Springtime Airsoft
OP: Second Sun
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Blue Hole 9/15/12
Blue Hole 12/1/12
A&K M16 Mod 0 SPR w/ 3 Hi-cap (1 450rd/1 500rd) and 4 mid-cap (110rd)
KJW M1911

BaldEagle
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by BaldEagle » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Schmarvin wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:
Schmarvin wrote:I know it can be normal, but last time I checked, Dom's gun isn't a 25ft MED. Just pointing out MED problems.
Well, you are sort of correct.....

I was at the Chrono. Dom had a 20ft MED at Blue Hole. :evil:
Before or after a smaller battery? lol I know the trick. First time I saw that done was at "The Swamp" for the first game. Sneaky.
I believe you are confusing ROF for FPS. If not, care to share that trick? I like learning new things, please explain to me how a bigger or smaller battery changes the FPS on an AEG....
* Airsofter *

Schmarvin
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Schmarvin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:23 pm

An 8.4v battery has less volts than a 9.6v. Lets say my gun shoots 400fps with a 9.6v battery. When I put in an 8.4v battery, the fps is lower. I believe at blue hole, I chrono'd at about 340fps-ish with an 8.4v.

Then again, it may just be my gun.
Team Extorrus, XO
OP 24-3
Germany II
The Swamp Opening
SQA Springtime Airsoft
OP: Second Sun
OP Apple Pie
Blue Hole 7/7/12
Blue Hole 9/15/12
Blue Hole 12/1/12
A&K M16 Mod 0 SPR w/ 3 Hi-cap (1 450rd/1 500rd) and 4 mid-cap (110rd)
KJW M1911

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm

bigger battery = bigger fps. it's a simple equation.

learn to do some maths people.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:08 pm

No.

A gun's power (often mistakenly referred to as its fps) is determined by the strength of spring, hopup quality, air seals on piston and cylinder etc, not by its battery.

Batteries have two ratings, voltage (V) and capacity (mAh)
Using a higher V battery will increase your rate of fire as the higher voltage makes the motor turn faster.
A higher mAh means that the battery stores more energy and will last longer. Additionally, a higher mAh battery will have a better discharge rate which gives a very small increase in rate of fire and a slightly faster response time.

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by marpat96 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Schmarvin wrote:An 8.4v battery has less volts than a 9.6v. Lets say my gun shoots 400fps with a 9.6v battery. When I put in an 8.4v battery, the fps is lower. I believe at blue hole, I chrono'd at about 340fps-ish with an 8.4v.

Then again, it may just be my gun.
Lol wut

Disregard this gentleman......

Anyways I had fun. Slow action, slow game, but lots of sneaking and being tacticool with katana and L96. Thats my AAR folks
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

^^ and should have shot me when I was taking a leak....

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to Diesel (gonna' miss you Geno, please do still come to events!), Ghost, Felix, the Escues, and the rest of those who stepped up to staff this event and made it a lot of fun. Sadly we were told by the field owner Friday night that this will likely be the last event at Blue Hole for a while to come (early 2014 probably, when the mining ceases), so we're glad we came.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Well I hope that will not be the case. This has been one of the best "non-developed" A.O.s that I have been to in a long time.

BlackJack
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by BlackJack » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Just thought I'd add a few cents to the jar. This being my 2nd airsoft event ever, I was thoroughly impressed with the field (1st time at BH) and the organization of the objectives. To mirror Ghost's point, the Admins did a great job with communication, and adapting when they realized Alpha wasn't going to go far in that first hour. Kudos for moving our HQ, though contrary to someone else's comments, we were not 700 ft from the water. If that were true, we'd have smoked you in how much water we were transporting. That was not the case. Having been a water boy for 3 of our trips, It was at least 1/4-1/2 mile down the road. B's HQ was probably about 3/4 mi. Reasoning? We made 2 1/2 trips to your 1 when we were moving water at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I know it wasn't 700 ft.

Pros :
1)Great scenario! The moving of water was a great plan and a difficult objective, but unfortunately for A, we didn't start moving large amounts of H²O until after 2:30.
2)Teams were fairly even in numbers, even if B seemed to have more experienced players. There were lot's of people to shoot at, for the 1st half of the game, I accumulated about 16 kills, having died about half as many times myself the whole game.
3)The large field makes for different types of combat situations, which are both interesting and challenging.
4)Teamwork, at least for the first half of the game. Attempting to sneak behind B's HQ with Cleric was quite a feat. About halfway there we made contact with a small squad of B. After a brief firefight, in which either all B withdrew or was killed, we continued our stealthy advance and at one point even let a B patrol go right by us at about 30 yards. We encountered B's HQ perimeter defenses and then was bogged down. But lot's of kills on both sides made for a nice little battle.

Cons -
1)Leadership for A disintegrated at or around 2:00 when we found out our bucket had not moved in over an hour, and B was not even guarding the pond. There was no reason for a B to be camped 100 yards from our HQ, facing OUTBOUND, guarding the road in. When Cleric took 6 of us to B HQ, we were under the impression that there would be perimeter security, as well as water runners loading while we were drawing B forces back to their HQ, and thus away from the pond.
2)No designated lunch break. I know that there can be a player loss after lunch but that is a good time to get some food and regroup as a team and reevaluate our situation.
3)Shooting within your MEDs. There were a few accounts of people doing this that I personally witnessed, and I called several ppl on it when asked what their MED was. Somone engaged me with a 50 ft MED, at less then 35. And another had a 20' and opened up at less then 15.
4)Running with deadrags in your hand. Stop it. If you're healed and you take it off to engage someone, throw it on the ground before returning fire, and definitely don't move with it in your hand while shooting. I saw A & B doing this.
5)Bravo's organization & communication. Well done gentlemen, it's only a con cause we were on the receiving end of the bbs and the last hour of the game was spent defending the A HQ, and no longer getting water, though that battle was very fun.

All in all I had a wonderful time, and look forward to the next game. I may even bring the wife and be a s/s team if someone can let me borrow a long gun for the day.
The object of war is not to die for your country, its to make the other guy die for his.

AOSC Veteran of:
Aug 4 '12 @ The AirFarm
Dec 1 '12 Battle of the Badlands
Jan 5 '13 Battle of Dundundistan III
Apr 27 '13 The Demolition Conflict II

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=33.5 ... 9851,+USA)
There's the Google maps for Blue Hole. I measured the Alpha HQ a second time at 700ft away from the watering hole as the crow flies, and the Bravo HQ at 2000ft as the crow flies. Regardless, your distance approximation is way off to think you are half a mile away, and we are still more than twice as far from the watering hole as you guys were.

Assuming you were 1/4th of a mile away, and made 2.5 trips in the time it took us to make one. That's 1.5 miles, according to you, of ground covered. Which would mean that we would have been 3/4th of a mile away from the watering hole, 3 times as far as Alpha. That only proves my point that we were absurdly far away.
[align=center]Image[/align]

BlackJack
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by BlackJack » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 pm

OK my bad. I agree it was def farther for B, but as the crow flies was definitely not quicker for us. We had to go down that road, which is not a straight line. And having carried water myself, it certainly didn't feel like 700'. :-)
The object of war is not to die for your country, its to make the other guy die for his.

AOSC Veteran of:
Aug 4 '12 @ The AirFarm
Dec 1 '12 Battle of the Badlands
Jan 5 '13 Battle of Dundundistan III
Apr 27 '13 The Demolition Conflict II

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:44 pm

BROS, DEF TOTES LEGIT! I put a 24v battery in my truck instead of a 12v battery! doublemyspeed.com!

End of field use: Dunno, I was told (last week) that games would continue as they have in the past, but I will have to look into it.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 am

A bit more on the story regarding use of the field. Frost's group (camped near us) and ourselves were approached at about 7pm Friday night by two gentlemen, one of whom identified himself as one of the property owners. He said that in fact there had been a communication breakdown and that this weekend's event was in fact not supposed to be taking place at all, but since we were already there and more were on the way for Saturday, he had called the other two owners (who don't like us playing airsoft there) and convinced them to let it go ahead. He also told us that at the last event at BH one of the neighbors (a house clearly visible in the far distance from where we were standing) had complained regarding something, and called the other two owners, the ones responsible for the currently undergoing mining, and they had decided no more airsoft while the mining was going on. Further, we were told to be aware of the dump trucks driving on the roads, that they didn't really have any speed limits and were not watching for people on foot or other personally owned vehicles, and to stay out of the actively mining area (which was pointed out to us), and that the mining was going to continue until early 2014, when they were scheduled to leave and the property would probably once again be empty and free for our use. And that he liked having us out there, but the other two owners did not, etc, and he used to have an ATV club out there but the neighbors complained about the noise and took him to court and so it had to stop, etc, and that the judge told him he didn't want to see him back in court again regarding the property, etc. We were also asked to relay this information to anyone else camping at the venue later that night, and to warn folks about the mining and the dump trucks, etc. So that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 am

Where exactly are these neighbors? The closest ones Ive seen are way the heck southeast in the middle of the woods.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]