Operation GNS: Georgia vs. North Carolina vs. South Carolina

The this and that of airsoft.
fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Operation GNS: Georgia vs. North Carolina vs. South Caro

Post by fallout11 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Appreciate the input Splatmaster, good to have you back.

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm

I think it would be better if there was no third faction. NC vs GA. SC players pick the side they want to be on. Kind of like showing pride. UPstate vs the Lowcountry rivalry. The field, of course, be as close to the middle as possible so no side is being dragged out too far. With that being said, as far as balancers, it will be hard to say, unless a commander from each side, pick out dedicated balancers as they see who is all coming, and claim that camo. like if one claims acu, then acu is part of their faction, etc.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 pm

splatmaster wrote:Saw the post on the NCairsoft forums, thought I'd pop down and see what's what.

Read the whole thread, interesting points from many people. I won't impede your debates one way or the other, but I will issue you a warning.

A lot of NC players still have a sour taste in their mouths as far as the Airfarm is concerned after coming down en masse to OP 24 a few years ago and it being an utter clustfudgenugget. That one game alone pretty well pissed off at least one member on each of the most established NC teams, and I feel safe saying they are wary of driving that far again to the same field. Much the same way (I suppose from reading this thread, I was in A-stan at the time) the last SC vs GA event went.

So, if you want this thing to work, don't post a half-ass thread about it on the NC forums. Plan it all the way out, put someone very experienced and knowledgeable in charge, and get the whole thing set and ready before you try to get NC. We have a lot of big, large games at fields more appealing than the airfarm(no offense intended), so it has to be something genuinely special to pull a good crowd, something better than just a chance to kick the crap out of GA.

Just trying to help! I should be out in time for this, and may very well attend, so best of luck to you.
I apologize for that thread, it was mine. Your input is very much appreciated, that gives me more of an idea for what we need to do.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 am

Just a word of caution regarding setting a date.....if you wait and hold this during May through September (i.e. better known as "summer" here in the deep south), expect turnout and overall player energy to be negatively affected. You may recall that Steel Griffin Convoy was held during May of last year, and it was ~100 degrees in the shade, many players were visibly flagging by lunchtime (only a few hours in), dehydration and heat exhaustion were issues, and end of day participation was less than ~50% of starting.
In Georgia, many players actually treat the summertime months as "off season" (like in any sport), or if they do play they use the opportunity to visit one of the many smaller (and climate controlled) indoor fields here. As always, your mileage may vary.

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 am

splatmaster wrote:Saw the post on the NCairsoft forums, thought I'd pop down and see what's what.

Read the whole thread, interesting points from many people. I won't impede your debates one way or the other, but I will issue you a warning.

A lot of NC players still have a sour taste in their mouths as far as the Airfarm is concerned after coming down en masse to OP 24 a few years ago and it being an utter clustfudgenugget. That one game alone pretty well pissed off at least one member on each of the most established NC teams, and I feel safe saying they are wary of driving that far again to the same field. Much the same way (I suppose from reading this thread, I was in A-stan at the time) the last SC vs GA event went.

So, if you want this thing to work, don't post a half-ass thread about it on the NC forums. Plan it all the way out, put someone very experienced and knowledgeable in charge, and get the whole thing set and ready before you try to get NC. We have a lot of big, large games at fields more appealing than the airfarm(no offense intended), so it has to be something genuinely special to pull a good crowd, something better than just a chance to kick the crap out of GA.

Just trying to help! I should be out in time for this, and may very well attend, so best of luck to you.
Totally different location Splat.

specter

Post by specter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

I'd say in late fall or winter. People don't usually like the heat...
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

atl

Post by atl » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 am

splatmaster wrote: A lot of NC players still have a sour taste in their mouths as far as the Airfarm is concerned after coming down en masse to OP 24 a few years ago and it being an utter clustfudgenugget. That one game alone pretty well pissed off at least one member on each of the most established NC teams, and I feel safe saying they are wary of driving that far again to the same field. Much the same way (I suppose from reading this thread, I was in A-stan at the time) the last SC vs GA event went.
Since airfarm is now kinda out, where do we go. I would say redfox but ghost said he didn't want a 2 day event, and sqa is a long drive at least 2 hours from any where in nc. Also like specter said it would be good to make it earlier or later so it's coller

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

Everyone relax a bit. We're going way to ahead of ourselves. We have good news.

1. We have four Georgia Representatives, who I will keep their names from publicity, but they are very well trusted and most of you know them.
2. They will PM Dom or Felix.
3. And there you go, we now officially have GA on board with planning.
4. Next we will have NC on board with planning.
5. After that we will set a date and location. There are 3 possible fields, 1) Blue Hole, 2) Redfox, 3) Airfarm
6. The issues with the weather, I will say this:

TDC was held in April, and it was fairly sunny with little rain from what I have seen in photos. OP SOCO was held in early March, where it was freezing during the morning and night games. Both games had great turnout. April or May are not bad options, neither is September. And if enough planning and thought are put into this game, well just look at Apple Pie. Middle of Summer, over 100 for the turnout.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 pm

TDC received a gully washer (~2" of rain), wind, and nearby tornadoes pre-game (Friday PM thru Saturday AM), including a heavy downpour during the safety briefing (couldn't hear half of it over the rain). However it then turned cool and breezy as the storm system moved out and we had gorgeous weather, minus the remaining wet/muddy spots.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:51 pm

To be honest, everything will be decided in the planning forums with the representatives from all sides. Don't sweat anything normal AOSC members. Everything is subject to change until the board has reviewed it. Including: Date, Field, Fee, Sides, 1 day or 2 day, Faction Colors, Objectives, Sponsers and so on.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

specter

Post by specter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

TDC was better than fulda IMO, it was also like my second game. I still have a video from it that I need to upload...
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Crawler86
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crawler86 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:58 pm

I thought blue hole was closed until 2014?
FIRST ONE IN
LAST ONE OUT

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:11 pm

AOSC reps are on board and will do what we can to make his happen.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Crawler86 wrote:I thought blue hole was closed until 2014?
It is, unless someone can convince both field owners (there's more than one apparently, and really only one of them was onboard) and the mining company (who has operational rights to mine there until Jan. 2014...and they're actively mining currently) to let it be used. Airsofters vs. fast driving loaded dump trucks = disaster.
Had a lengthy discussion with one of the field owners at BH on Friday night prior to OP: Battle Of The Badlands (Nov. 30th, 2012), where we were appraised of the situation.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:41 pm

To Atl:
It would be best for a two day event. Most traveling teams would not drive for a one day event. And I much rather have a full weekend of playing than go for a day then go and play the Sunday at Battlecats. I like outdoors events for a whole weekend.

As for Redfox, I am just going with how the owner has been to my events that I have ran in my paintball days. He did not want to tie up the whole field for two days only making $50 per player for the weekend. This new manager had been more accepting of Airsoft. He may let us. But that is here not there. Just put in you suggestions, and the event organizers will listen.