Cool Guy Comms for Cheap

The this and that of airsoft.
SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Cool Guy Comms for Cheap

Post by SteevoLS » Sun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Are you a young player who is struggling to have his cries for help heard from the other side of a tin building? Are you an experienced player trying to get directions to Burger King from the other side of the county? Are you a gear whore who spent so much on an elastic cummerbund that you can't afford your cell phone bill for the month?

LOOK NO FURTHER!

Yes, hope is to be found! If you can scrape together a few jacksons you too can have a programmable radio boasting a 5w transmitter (on paper), replaceable antenna, excellent battery life, and standard Kenwood 2-pin headset/speaker options!

Baefeng 888s for $22.27
USB cable for $3.50
Speaker mic with headphone jack for $8.99

See? For less than a Wallyworld Midland Saturday Night Special you can have a radio that will keep up with the big dogs!
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cool Guy Comms for Cheap

Post by Mr. Marauder » Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm

If memory serves these have an actual output around 2 watts. That is still, however, 4X the output of a Walmart radio.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 pm

I've seen varying reports, hence the "on paper" comment. Seems like an excellent bang for the buck.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.

Post by stuckmojo » Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 pm

that is a great radio for the price but do keep in mind that you need a laptop or desktop computer to program it
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

shiloh190
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by shiloh190 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 pm

I have a decent radio and some adapter thingy and using an xbox 360 headset, my friend said he's had no problems with using them as has my brother...but mine I can talk all I want and people hear me however I cant recieve anything.
Rice, rice, rice, oh look more rice!

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

well its a matter of preference like i said in my video a big drawback for me was that fact you cant have private channels on the gmrs or fmrs radios and you get alot of interference when your at big games. like i said i used to run midland radios and i loved them except for the transmit power. as far a your headset each brand radio takes specific style headsets i used to have an awesome headset that i used on my computer and i could only receive but not transmit when i tried to use it on my radio. when ordering a headset for your radio make sure it works with your specific brand of radio. there are a ton of vendors on the internet that sell radio headset and they all tell you what type radio the headset works with
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST